• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smartest man in Baseball

Neighbor_guy

I would just like to congratulate Ron Gardenhire for being the smartest man in baseball. Getting kicked out of the game in the second inning was the smartest possible move he could make. Watching from the dugout would have been unbearable.

Unfortunately I was not the smartest man Listening to baseball and suffered threw most of it while painting my daughters room. sick When you stink, you stink, and that game

S T U N K B A D!

A few years ago, I was living in Kansas City and my buddy drove down for the weekend. We were going to a Royals/Twins game, then a Vikes/Chiefs preseason game afterwards. It was hot. Had to be over 100 that day, and in the first inning, Royals catcher Mike DeFelice got tossed arguing a play at the plate. I said to my buddy he got tossed intentionally. Who would want to squat with all that gear for a couple hours in that heat? BTW, that was the best ejection I have seen live- he went to the dugout and proceeded to throw almost all the items in said dugout onto the field.

Moral of my story- yes it can be unbearable at times for everyone, hate seeing the Twins lose like they did today. Pitiful

Agreed! but today was a bit of lift!

Yeah it's Gardys fault we give up 10 runs one game and leave 13 men on base the next!

I will say we haven't had a lot of non-sense "It's Gardys fault" Rants this year~

That funny, because this morning on the FAN, they were saying that all the calls on Friday morning were about Gardy's incompetance...Everybody must have been calling instead of posting. laugh

There's plenty of posts on star tribune HSOforum for gardy's head.

I sometimes do have to question what a manager thinks he's going to accomplish by going off on the umpire to the point of being tossed. I've yet to see where the umpire has changed his mind after tossing the manager and have to wonder if all that accomplishes is future games where the team is not going to get a break from that particular umpire because of the manager's antics.

It is unbelieveable how many great baseball minds we have on here. NOT.

The ump blew 3 calls in this game and it is not the first run in with this guy. He is a terrible self centered ump, who thinks he's the GOD OF UMPIRING. He confirmed it for me when he said he got all the calls correct after reviewing them after the game. BULL. They missed 2 calls on 1 play.

The ground ball down the line past Justin. A fan touched the ball clearly shown, and then misses the play at the plate, again clearly out. The ump was totally and I mean totally out of position to make the correct call. He was in the same spot the whole play. He never moved.

OH Yea that makes it the managers fault. NOT.

Well sometimes that is the only option. It can and does sometimes fire up the team. The manager has very few options when a ump makes a bad call. It could and often does change the game. Bring on replay for a few more tight issue areas, and there will be less manangers getting tossed.

If I am not mistaken, that is the lowest rated Crew in the AL. confused I have been known to be wrong though....

Don't forget there were (2) baulks in there as well that were not called. That pitcher NEVER came set for the minimum time. The Ump called it a "quick pitch". IMO that game was decided the moment that guy put his shoes on, the twins never had a chance and Gardy knew it. There were a few other questionable calls durring that series as well.

Whatever, thats why they call it a game.....

What pitcher would you like in there right now. They are all not doing well, even better yet IfallsRon, would you please post YOUR starting lineup, including your relievers for Tuesdays game.

We can then check it out and see how your lineup worked out.

Anyone is welcome to put their starting line up on the board. oh by the way they have to be on our roster. Could be interesting.

I think in a way Gardy enjoys getting kicked out. You almost know that when he comes out of the dugout he is going to get kicked out.

I remember listening to Barrerio sometime back and he had a retired MLB ump on, maybe the guy lives in Mpls or something. The ump was on to talk about the instant replay for homerun calls. They got talking about managers and while the ump was pretty neutral/PC on Gardy I remember one thing he brought up and that was when LaRussa or TK came out of the dugout "you knew you probably blew a call" vs the Pinella's or LaSorda's who loved to just come out and yell just to yell.