• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OKIE NOODLEIN

Gordie

looks like a lot of fun someday I will give it a try. I

dont need the stringer thou and could see that it could desicrate the population and with all contests as this show was kind of about there was quite a bit of talk about cheating.

there was a lot of big cats that were caught and there wasnt the handleing ethics that we so much talk about in our forums.

I really dig that noodling! I may even give it a try down south some time.

It's illegal here in MN and WI, I guess you can have a GPS, the chip lakemap with depth contour, 300 dollar rod, underwater camera, 250 hp with kicker motor, superline, power bait, fish scent, and on and on - but it's illegal to go toe to toe and catch on with your hands!?

Turk

The guys talking on that show should have had subtitles. Half the time I wasn't sure what language they were speaking. And the way those guys looked, it could be a cautionary lesson on what the offspring are like when close relatives marry. Did anyone notice that no fish were ever released? I can't believe that a 50 pound cat would taste very good.

no your thinking of girls gone grabblin grin

I am always thinking of them. smile

I thought a few years back we discovered there are like 3 regional names for noodling. I think OK, was noodling, but I don't remember where they call it grabbling or if/what that 3rd term was. It may have been 'Lucky if you keep your finger'ens'.

yea there is differnt names for it and each area of the country has a name for it they said a couple on the show like okie noodlein and grabblin. and one guy just called it plain crazy. I heard the other name for it when I was down south working some years back and for the life of me I cant remember what the called it.

I was surprised to hear even in most southern states its illegal, and where they filmed it was.

I can understand why it would be, becuase they are targeting these fish during spawn/early postspawn, when the fish are most vulnerable, but it would be a lot of fun!!!

I'd use the stick method to probe the holes first. I'd hate to loose a finger to a snapper or a beaver....:-(