Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishn

Bass fishing after the rain

5 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on bass fishing after this heavy rain. Are they gonna move shallow or deep and what lures to use? We havent had this much rain so I'm not sure how this is going to affect bass fishing.

should be alright for a while, Looks like there could be some overcast remaining from the rain. Tomorrow I plan on trying topwaters in shallow water until it clears up, then I will go to Jigs under docks/cover

It really depends on the lake. I like to check culverts/carp traps/or any water that is moving into the lake for active feeding fish. Bass tend to congregate in these spots after a good rain. I find that fishing is usually good during the rain, but after a big cold front (pressure change), the fishing slows considerably. Deep water fish are less affected by cold fronts, and water clarity can be a factor in the shallows with a lot of run-off.

On Sat during the tornadic activity the bass were really active. I caught 2 19"ers, some ok ones and dinks. On Sun when the wind was coming from the north west they were not as active. I caught some, but nothing like Sat was and they were all small. Still fun though.

some of my great days have been during or around storms.