• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL 18

HOT SPOT

Dual beam 'ducer? How old?

I was looking for one of these on that list that craig guy has and had a hard time finding an FL18 for less than $300. Remember these things go for 425-500 new, so somebody isn't gonna want to part with one a couple years old for half price. Especially since they only see use for 3 months a year.

I kept my eyes open and picked up a pro pack, with a dual beam transducer, for $225.

thanks guys, Ill have to look into it more. From my experiance a fl 20 doesnt come in as good, if i remember right it always seemed like it was harder to see your jig. I always had to have the gain crank up where when I use my dads fl 18 it seems to read better. Any one else have this problem

If your have having a hard time seeing with the FL20 there is probably something wrong with it like a bad transducer. There isn't a ton of difference between an 18 & 20 other than the flat screen and a few other bells and whistles. The technology behind both is pretty similar. I have seen the exact opposite; its easier to see with the 20 because of the flat screen.

FL-18 propack in good condition in the $250-290 range is a very good deal in my opinion - the reliability of these units is great, only service normally required is replacement battery every few years (if you keep it charged), and maybe a brush cleaning. Awesome unit, worth the money!

Come hardwater season, you will be have a hard time finding them under $325.