• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stuffed pork loin

Just wondering if any one has done one. I'm thinking of doing a couple tonight. The first I was thinking of wild rice, bacon, green beens and cheese. The second one Italian sausage, peppers, and cheese. Just wondering if any one had and suggestions. Also I will smoke them

I will buy a big loin at Sams and cut it up into smaller chunks. I then will cut it so that I can lay it out flat and then season it with what ever spice suit me that day and roll it up and then tie it up. Like Glen said don't over cook or else you will dry it up. That last case of trichinosis was in 1958 so you don't have to burn it wink

Once it gets cooler out I love stuffed pork roll. I take a loin chunk and cut it like Jim says so its about a 1/2 to 3/4's inch thick and spread out like a paper. Then I make a bread cubes type stuffing but I add sausage and apples(mild flavor and moisture). Then I smear a layer on the pork and roll it up like a giant pumpkin log. Then lay strips of bacon over her and bake till just done. Make some scratch gravy from the drippings, a side of garlic smashed taters, a veggie, and your all set!

I know you were talking grilling but I got a little out of season cool

I stuff mine with Blue cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, bacon, and fresh herbs, usually purple basil and oregano from the garden. Tie cooking twine around it and pan sear on all sides. Set oven to 350 while searing. After they are seared and a nice golden brown color, toss a couple shots of whiskey or scotch in the pan, cover and toss in oven for 35-45 mins.