• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glad he is gone!

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—New Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton(notes) didn’t get the warm welcome he anticipated when he made his unofficial debut at Invesco Field on Thursday night.

Orton was booed by the crowd of 13,402—the largest crowd ever to watch a Broncos practice—when he was picked off twice by free agent cornerback Andre’ Goodman(notes), the second of which was returned for a long touchdown.

Shanahan had to go. Marginal coach at best.

He'd fit in well in MN.

Call him marginal, and I am sure he'd show you his rings. He turned Elway into a champion, by figuring out passing the ball every play doesn't always work.

That was in a different era of NFL playcalling and as evidenced by his success, or lack thereof, in the last half dozen years he's clearly become a mediocre coach. We're in a era of pass first, run second and Shanahan didn't adjust. He keeps playing musical chairs with his RB's but that's not the issue.

MN is in the same boat with an outstanding runner in Peterson, but until they add some passing to their offense they are going nowhere and that is why Shanny would fit right in and remain a marginal coach for a terrible team, with terrible players, in a terrible stadium, with terrible fans, and terrible cheerleaders (© Dan Cole).

lol...broncos were 3rd in the league for passing yards per game last season....their passing rank has gone up every year the past few years.

you mean they have a [PoorWordUsage] hole defense and can't stop anyone so they lose.....all the teams that win have strong running games and good defenses...only pass happy team that wins anything is the pats.

pitts has dominated for years with a strong running game and real good D...big ben barely has to pass he just needs to make a few good plays....giants D and running game was real mean when they won it all...not like eli is some great passer.

saints throw the ball all day and can't win because of a junk D and not a strong enough run game.

all the vikes need to do is keep teams honest and make them respect the pass which we know forsure they don't do with tjack.

Pittsburgh had the 20th-something ranked run offense last year and Arizona was right there with them if not dead last, and in case you forgot they played each other in the SB. I think AZ's defense gave up a pile of points throughout the year too.....just like Denver.

Anyway, Shanahan is washed up and I think he's got some head issues. The guy is whacko.

Shanahan's demise was wanting to play GM as well with the personnel decisions. XO's, halftime adjustments, ect. he's more than enough coach. If you believe in games he has coached that he didnt, on occasion, out-coach the guy across the field from him you need to go dip your head in a washbasin full of icewater.

I dont agree with passing first running second. Running controls the clock and the flow of the game. You need to be good at both running and passing generally great teams do pass better but they control the clock with running. What good is getting a touchdown if you get it in 20 seconds and the other team controls the ball for the next 10 minutes and scores?

One of the best coaches in the NFL bar none to say other wise is well PREPOSTEROUS!

Of course coaching is overrated and its more about the players but we'd take Shanny any day and Sunday.

Shanahan could have any Job in that arises in NFL if he wants it.

Case closed.

Well, after running the Broncos into the ground and drafting like an [PoorWordUsage] the last three years, he certainly doesn't have the opportunity to coach the Broncos anymore. He didn't step down...he got canned just like he should have.

I'd take Cowher any day over Shanahan.

lol...broncos were 3rd in the league for passing yards per game last season....their passing rank has gone up every year the past few years.

you mean they have a [PoorWordUsage] hole defense and can't stop anyone so they lose.....all the teams that win have strong running games and good defenses...only pass happy team that wins anything is the pats.

pitts has dominated for years with a strong running game and real good D...big ben barely has to pass he just needs to make a few good plays....giants D and running game was real mean when they won it all...not like eli is some great passer.

saints throw the ball all day and can't win because of a junk D and not a strong enough run game.

all the vikes need to do is keep teams honest and make them respect the pass which we know forsure they don't do with tjack.

What I was referring to was when he first got there all they did was pass, and Elway never really had any help. He implemented years of good running games and they won the Super Bowl. They have turned back into a passing team and look what has happened to them- no longer making the playoffs.

i agree zamboni...i wasn't goin against anything you said i was responding to LMITOUT's statement of "That was in a different era of NFL playcalling and as evidenced by his success, or lack thereof, in the last half dozen years he's clearly become a mediocre coach. We're in a era of pass first, run second and Shanahan didn't adjust. He keeps playing musical chairs with his RB's but that's not the issue."