• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews Legacy

I just talked to a guy who has a mathews legacy for sale for 350, the bow is 6 years old and Im wondering if that is a fair price. I have been a bear and pse guy so i dont know much about mathews other then the things I have been reading about them. Wondering if anybody has any info for me.

There is another site that has free classifieds. I have seen many 2006 and newer Bowtechs that were originaly $700 go for $325-$450 bare bow w/shiping. The price of $350 sounds high. If it includs a good dropaway rest, quiver and a very good sight. It may not be that bad of a buy if it fits you.

Be carefull when buying a used bow. Take it to a proshop and have it looked over, limbs, cams, string ect.

I believe that the Matthews Legacy is a draw length specific cam. Make sure that it is the correct draw length.

Good Luck

Steve

if its in good shape fully loaded that is about what they have been going for. My dad just sold his Legacy on HSO-Classifieds for $430 and that was fully loaded and in perfect condition. A guy that runs a bow shop in CO baught it I believe. Personally I would shoot the bow befor buying it, are at least shoot a legacy.

As far a Mathews goes they are tuff to beat. I loved the one's that I have had.

The bow is loaded and comes with a case but I dont think I will bother with it, I cant see buying something that is six years old because I will just want something new next year, I think I will just bite the bullet and get something new. Thanks for all the info people!

Personally, I would take a 6 yr old Mathews before a lot of the new bows. They are build to last, ya you may need new string but 25 buck big deal. I kept my old one for a back up, just because I couldnt give her up for what its worth

Not sure I agree HOT SPOT, yes you do get what you pay for when it comes to archery equipment but the technology has come a long way in the past 6 years and a lot of mid-level bow are just as good and possibly much better than the hi end bows from years ago. Because of all the new technology the older bows just don't hold their value, not that they are bad bows but a lot of people want the latest a greatest. There certainly isn't anything wrong with an older use bow, I shoot one myself but there are a lot of used bows on the market so you can find a lot of really great deals.

I would say that I would agree with Hotspot. I think that the older stuff just looks better, I think that the new bows with the beyond parallel limbs are just ugly. But that's just my opinion, and yes I shoot an older Mathews still, an LX, I think bows have gotten uglier every year starting with the Switchback.

Well after thinking about it for a couple nights and deciding that i couldnt afford a new mathews I went to the guy and made a deal for the legacy, I will be shooting it first but it feels good and is all set up for me already, same draw length and the peep is in the right spot. Cant wait to shoot it this weekend! Thanks for all the input people!