• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seasonal Spots

This is going to take a long post for you to get a solid anwser.

You can take this multiple directions.

This is my oppinion in short,

For the most part, look into the staging paterns of muskie as they migrate during the season, from early spring to ice. Once you study this and understand muskie behavior, move on to enviormental factors that change by the minute, hour, day, and week. Such as, wind, frontal conditions, minors, majors, moon rise, moon set, water temps... and many others.

For example, when it comes to staging and migration,

In the fall baitfish move shallow and stage for spawn, the musky follow. Rocky reefs, deap breaklines, and extended points. That is why structure trolling is so productive in the fall for big fish.

For example,when it comes to enviormental changes...

A long extended rock point may hold multiple fish on a given day due to the right conditions.(Wind)

BUT..

When the condition are not right(blue bird dead calm) you could fish the same spot every day for a week and not see a fish.

Over time you will put it all together and it will all make sence. Then you have to put the puzzel together everytime you hit the water.

Good luck

yep - weedgrowth and food dictate the spots. always want to look for turns/variations in the outside and inside edges.

one of the best cut and dried seasonal patterns is coming up soon - that shallow movement in the early fall, which is what i think cowboy was referring to.

shallow flats/inside milfoil edges/reed structures will soon be active and should be the first spots you check. find some shallow water with patchy weedcover, maybe some sandy spots, or a good inside milfoil edge and you should find some fish throughout most of september. not to say there's not some out deep then, and i'll fish deeper edges at night still, but that shallow movement in september is far and away my favorite time of the year. best thing about it is that it won't take long to find fish up shallow if they're there.

Ignorance is bliss. I wish I could just fish anywhere and not care but i'm ruined forever now...be careful what you ask for. Sometimes its better to know a little less than a little more because you'll start to over analyze things

Zelmsdawg