• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snapweight thing for Pafish

fiskyknut

Question

~Hello there Pafish~

Seeing your a bowhunter I will share. My younger brother moved out to Michigan and for a few years I've been going out there to fish Saginaw bay, Erie and the Detroit river. Last couple years Been doing this quite a bit on this pond, it's a mid-summer thing for 30'-38' flats. Assuming you fish with boards. All I've ever used are offshore in-line and I don't like the tattletale device, I use 14# fireline, on the end a small & strong swivel. 2 good hooks snelled on 5'-6' of 12 or 14# flouro with a #5 colorado {#6 hatchets too}. Snapweight 30' up from swivel. To the board....well most of the spots I fish are 33'-35', and I'll run between 40'& 50' back, sometimes more, sometimes less, this is very speed and "fish activity" variable, watch graph and start with different line-out settings, eventually the fish will let you know. Troll slow, just enough to spin well, the board action and the length of line behind weight cause bait to flutter a bit more slowly than other types of rigs with shorter snell length. You could go further back from weight, but here it don't seem to matter, on saginaw we usually go 50.
This is just a basic "recipe", the weights I use are 2 and a 1/4 oz.
We can get into more specifics if you point me, you can use multiple boards per side, and it can be a firedrill! That is a downside, but more often than not the board lines get more bites than either flatlines or riggers {wave action on board?}. Yes we do flatline/snapweight and run flatlines with 3-way rigs and long leaders in conjunction with boards. I fish in a few different boats, from an 17' crestliner to a 27' sportcraft so horizontal spread depends on boat, weather, # of anglers and familiarity with tackle and tech. Let me know more of how your rigged and # of crew and I'll give you my humble advice. Also I should'nt have said my cranks get dusty, if you come up here for the flats bite make sure to bring reef runner deepdivers in golds and eriedescent, these will dive to around 33'. And if you can find them those little stinger scorpion flutterspoons- any color with gold on it, but I think any color of these would work! For about 2 months of the summer these are in my opinion "THE" presentations for this pond. More another time, I'm a slow typist!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet