• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrink wrap style vanes?

Jim Uran

Bought some and yes you have to replace all the vanes when one gets damaged.

They are a quick fix, more of a convience than any other thing.

Have not really compared to how much it would cost vs buying a fletcher, vanes, stripping device, glue, etc.

I am sure in the long run it would be cheaper to buy all the tools to do your own, but time and convience has its benefits too.

They shoot fine, whenever I have to use these, they turn into target arrows.

Mark

I keep them in my bow box for when I go on hunting trips it's nice to have because I have had friends that had thier arrows fletched at pro shops and when they got out hunting the vanes were falling off. You can put them on with a coffe can and camp fire I have yet to use them but they remain in my goodies box in the truck.

I refletched half a dozen of these yesterday. The guy said he had problems with the wrap slipping down the shaft and with vanes coming off. He had nothing good to say about them.

Take them to a GOOD pro shop and the vanes won't fall off.

Use them all the time. I find nothing wrong with them. Ive used dozens and only had one slip on me. I think it was because I over heated the water or left in too long. Got it figured out now though. I just make a pot of hot water in the coffee maker.... its the perfect temp. Just make sure you use two glue dots (provided) with each fletching. Never had a vane come off either. And I shoot everynight.

Oh and I use a whisker biscut and have had no problems.

Thanks Smitty!! Finally a positive review! It's just not in the cards for me right now to order all of the tools to fletch my own arrows. Too much school shopping to do, but it may turn out to be a good winter project.

this weekend i fletched all my arrows, 9 to be exact. bought crest wraps, blazer vanes, bohning platinum adhesive, and the little red jig for fletching blazer vanes. all added up it was 62 bucks. not bad! only took an hour to do everything, stripping, wraps, and vanes one at a time.

waited an hour, and couldn't wait to shoot. i was rather impressed at the groups. very tight. perfect arrow flight. nice and tight with a 3 degree right helical on 2" blazers.

the only thing that bothers me is the idea of target shooting shrink wraps, and skinning an arrow in the target, making the wrap fall off. however, they would be quick to fix

Put some one this weekend, real easy, very quick. Did four arrows in less than one minute. Not including water prep time. Waited 15 min. Arrows a flying.Good groups. Pulled a few through the target and no damage. Pulled a few out of target backwards no damage. Whisker bisquit caused no damage. If I can get a year out of them at $13 for six. Might stay with them. Have two extra just in case. So far I like them.