• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Vikings 2009

fishin58

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
so tjunk is way ahead in the competition because he gets hurt every other play and misses practice?...then he comes in and throws pics and gets hurt again.....i think sage has a better chance of winning the competition when tjunk is actually out on the field...we should start placing bets lol

Not another quote from one who claims to be a vike fan but is actually a puker fan. I know those who call Vikings names are for sure pretenders trying to stir the pot.

Yep, after the name calling it looks like FISHINGURU TRULY BLEEDS GREEN & GOLD

bleeding green and gold or blue and silver would almost be better then having to cheer for junkson a few more years!!

how do you think your team is gonna be this year since they signed cutler??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

bleeding green and gold or blue and silver would almost be better then having to cheer for junkson a few more years!!

See, it looks like it almost feels good for you to come out of the closet for all to see where your TRUE COLORS are smile

Blue and silver? They haven't made the playoffs in forever- I would pass cheering for them. As for the Pack- I would rather die. The Bears on the other hand- I was stationed north of there when in the Navy for around a year. Love the city, might consider the Bears

Here's a headline I just copied:

"Vikings T. Jackson looking good in practice"

I hope all of our QBs are looking good.

Camp Report:

Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson demonstrates his arm strength, threading a couple balls between defenders 15 yards downfield and hitting his target. When it comes to arm strength, Jackson has the edge over Sage Rosenfels.

There's no doubt about that. I was at camp today and it's very evident that Jackson has a rifle. Sage looked pretty good too but there is no mistaking the arm strength difference you can see in person. T-Jack looked pretty good today...he was sharp and accurate for the most part.

Lot's of wild-cat snaps with Percy at QB. Some straight snaps directly to AP as well. Harvin was all over the place, both running and catching the ball. Should be a blast watching these guys this year.

Lot's of wild-cat snaps with Percy at QB. Some straight snaps directly to AP as well. Harvin was all over the place, both running and catching the ball. Should be a blast watching these guys this year.

I can't wait to see this at full speed. Defenses won't know how to cover it. Only problem is that we'll have to wait until after preseason to see it....I'm sure they won't pull any of that out with the vanilla offense that they show in the preseason.

I guess I just can't even wait for the preseason to start!!! Football is Football preseason or not, it's better than watching NASCAR on Sundays. Friday is game day boys, wear your purple to work and "Show Your Horns"!!!

There's no doubt about that. I was at camp today and it's very evident that Jackson has a rifle. Sage looked pretty good too but there is no mistaking the arm strength difference you can see in person. T-Jack looked pretty good today...he was sharp and accurate for the most part.

Quit it. You will really have me drinking the purple kool-aid laugh

Camp Report:

Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson demonstrates his arm strength, threading a couple balls between defenders 15 yards downfield and hitting his target. When it comes to arm strength, Jackson has the edge over Sage Rosenfels.

Too bad when it comes to brains, my 6 year old has him beat. LOL!!! He's demonstrated he has the arm strength, but he can't hit anyone down field. There is no stretching the field with this guy, even "Gus the Bus" could hit Berrian down the sidelines. Hopefully Sage can too!

Regardless who is our starting QB at the beginning of the season, I will support him 100% and be excited for the team. Whether it be Jackson, Sage, or Booty, I will be happy it was the best man that won the job, and not some old man that has played good several years ago wink

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU

See, it looks like it almost feels good for you to come out of the closet for all to see where your TRUE COLORS are smile

its ok rick we know the truth....i started the official offseason vikings thread and you followed suit by starting a packer, bear, and lions thread lmao!!!

another thing that gives it away is every other team in the league wants us to start junkson because they know that is their best chance at beating us!!!

everyone knows junkson has physical talent but that doesn't get you anywhere as a qb if you can't step it up during game time!!!

i'm with you leech...i'll be cheering for whoever is on the field for us but i'd rather not have it be junkson!

i hope both qb's get equal chances with the first team too during preseason so its a fair comp!!

come on lets go sulli!!!!!

MANKATO

The Vikings had just completed their most physical practice of training camp, and John Sullivan could feel it.

The Vikings center spent Monday morning banging heads with Pro Bowl defensive tackles Kevin and Pat Williams in various drills, including blitz, goal-line and short-yardage situations followed by a live scrimmage.

"That's a good time," Sullivan said. "That's fun stuff right there."

Fun, but also beneficial for the second-year center from Notre Dame who is replacing longtime fixture Matt Birk, a six-time Pro Bowl selection in 11 seasons with the Vikings.

Sullivan has earned high marks for his ability to grasp the mental responsibilities required of him. However, the larger unknown is Sullivan's ability to hold up against mammoth defensive tackles.

Though he's listed at 6-4 and 301 pounds, Sullivan has a unique build -- he has a 30-inch inseam -- and will be dwarfed by some jumbo-sized defenders this season. He gets a daily preview going against two of the league's premier tackles in the Williamses.

"We talked early about [how] Sully did a nice job of picking up the system, knowing the calls, learning the offense," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. "The big thing that we were going to see was, basically you never get any physical contact. So how he was going to hold up against bigger bodies in there?

"We have great examples here with Pat and Kevin. I think he's done a nice job. He's held his own, he's being physical, he's holding the point of attack, he's doing a nice job with protections. So right now we're pleased with it, but again we still have to wait until we get to the other competition."

Sullivan jokingly described his body type as "weird." He has short, thick legs and said as a sophomore in college he wore pants that were 48 waist, 30 inseam.

Sullivan hasn't appeared to be overmatched so far in camp, either physically or mentally. From the moment Birk left for Baltimore as a free agent, the Vikings have expressed nothing but praise over Sullivan's work ethic and understanding of the game.

Vikings coach Brad Childress has repeated often that Sullivan was the first player to return to Winter Park for offseason workouts and has immersed himself in the offense by spending extra time in the film room.

"This is my job," Sullivan said. "I take it very seriously, and I take a lot of pride in it."

As the center, Sullivan is responsible for making line calls, which requires snap decisions based on what he sees from the defense. He handled that responsibility at Notre Dame and watched and learned from Birk as a rookie.

"Typically a young center [has trouble] with all the calls and directing the line, the protection slides," Childress said. "There is a lot of conversation that's going on, and he's the guy that's directing that. I don't see any pause or hesitation [from Sullivan] in directing that, and again, he's a credible guy because he spent time at it. ... Everyone knows if you go into our locker room in the offseason, John Sullivan is going to be there. That is a 365-day process."

That's asking a lot to fill Birk's shoes. Personally I think Birk has 2 more solid years left and would have preferred him hands down over Sully.

Our O-line is the big question mark as far as I'm concerned.

Heading down for the passing scrimmage tomorrow morning!

Go Vikes!

I agree PB. The O-line is where it's really at. I've heard Cook has been having a few issues at right guard. Let's hope the Vikes can get that corrected.

Let us know what you see at camp....

Update from training Camp and QB evaluation for the day!

Not much of a competition today in the passing drills and passing non-contact scrimage.

Long story short T-Jacked looked horrible from start to finish. He came in the 1st series of 11 on 11 and threw 3 balls that should have been picked and one was brought back to the house by Winfield. In the 7 on 7 drills T-Jack wasn't much better and a struggled with just about everthing. They closed the day with some 11 on 11 2 minute drill stuff and as much as it pains me to say he "TJ" was awful. I wish I could say his knee was bothering him and maybe it was but he was moving around pretty well. T-Jack just didn't have it today and it looks like he has lost a bit of confidence to say the least.

Sage looked pretty decent with some nice timing plays on out patterns and did throw a nice pass on a Turn-in route for a TD. He was clearly the better of the 2 today hands down.

It's a given Sage will and deserves to be the starter in the 1st pre-season game this Friday against the Colts based on my observations today and from reports from earlier in the week!

Also Percy Harvin left the field early with an arm injury and didn't return. Not sure whats going on with Berrian but he wasn't around at all.

Skoal Vikes!

thanks for the report pier

NOTES: Harvin came back on the field after being attended to. His injury didn’t look serious. … Center John Sullivan(notes) also limped off, but returned with his left ankle taped. … Wide receiver Bernard Berrian(notes) didn’t participate, and Childress indicated he was sick. … Backup tight end Garrett Mills(notes), hurt in Tuesday’s practice, had his left arm in a sling

Clean slate, no mention of Bert unless he ACTUALLY is in a Vikes uniform. 1 week and a day until the first preseason game!

I thought I would mention the mess Chilli made by not getting FAVRE....oops not supposed to mention his name on this thread grin

The Minnesota Vikings organization was busy wiping egg off its collective face and conducting damage control on Tuesday after Brett Favre decided to stay retired.

But no amount of spin from Vikings coach Brad Childress can erase the damage inflicted on his team over the past two months.

Childress and the Vikings allowed Favre to string them along all summer, and then on the eve of training camp, the quarterback left them standing at the altar.

Desperate Minnesota players and coaches have been texting, e-mailing, begging and pleading with the 39-year-old Favre to come out of retirement and play for the Vikings, a not-so-subtle slap at quarterbacks Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels.

So now those two signal callers, who might just as well go by the names Tweedledee and Tweedledum, are supposed to believe Childress when he says about Favre’s decision: “This doesn’t change anything about how I feel about our football team.”

Nice selling job, but I’m not buying.

Childress did everything in his power to accommodate Favre, a bad precedent for a coach who is supposed to put the team above any individual.

The Vikings knew all about Favre’s mighty struggle every year on the retirement issue. Yet instead of imposing a hard-and-fast deadline, Childress served as Favre’s enabler by allowing him to take as much time as he wanted to make a decision about his future.

It left the Vikings organization shrouded in uncertainty and spoke volumes about the slip-shod nature of their operation. It also reaffirmed that the Packers made the correct decision a year ago in moving on without Favre. No team should allow itself to be held hostage by one player.

Of course, Tuesday’s developments serve as good news for many Packers fans, who won’t be forced to cringe at the sight of Favre wearing a purple jersey and can enjoy watching Childress scramble to pick up the pieces of his shattered dream.

There’s no denying that Favre facing off against the Packers this season would have produced high drama.

The folks at ESPN, which will broadcast the Monday night Packers-Vikings game on Oct. 5, are no doubt swearing under their breath at the thought of lost ratings and revenue. Ticket holders of the Packers-Vikings showdown at Lambeau Field on Nov. 1 are doing the same thing as the value of their ducats has plummeted.

But this matchup wasn’t meant to be.

- Associated Press -