• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Vikings 2009

fishin58

Clean slate, no mention of Bert unless he ACTUALLY is in a Vikes uniform. 1 week and a day until the first preseason game!

Mixed reports on EJ, some saying he looks faster, some say slower. Hoping for the latter, he was having a probowl type year.

Hoping Loadholt is the real deal, even though Sirtalksalot Ray Edwards has schooled him a few times.

Hopefully we can keep Jared from killing everything with-in the tristate area with a spear, at least til the season is over.

AP for 2000, I am ready!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it to early to give predictions?

I predict AP will hit the 2000 mark this year

I predict Sage will start the season and pass for 3000 yds

I think Harvin will be spread out in to much of the offense and special teams that he won't have great numbers in any of them.

I predict Jarred Allen will have 15 sacks

I predict the Vikes to win the division with a 13-3 record and lose its first playoff game.

I also see a new coach to start next season! cool

CAN'T WAIT!!!! I swear I bleed purple, even though someone called me a closet Lions fan. lol!! This is going to be a good season, heck you can't beat the entertainment value of the NFL season. Why waste Sundays doing anything else but watching the Vikings?

I'm with you Leechbait. Only one week to go until the first pre-season game. I know it's only pre-season, but at least it's football!! A guy can only watch so much nascar and indy car racing on Sundays during the off season before you start gettting physically more stupid from doing so.... I can't wait either, next Friday night it all begins and the Vikings will begin the long road to Miami!!

What is that a picture of on you avatar Leechbait??

Dinner!(walleye, frybread, wild blueberry sauce)

Everyone is making predictions so I'll try a few,

AP will catch more passes out of the backfield this year and not have as many fumbles.

Sage will start the whole season and have 20TD's and like 4wandering said, have 3000 yds!

Harvin will be a definite impact player, he'll return at least 2 back for a TD, that's big news for the Vikes.

And last but not least, the Williams wall will play the whole season and dominate the running d!!!

Dinner looks awesome Leech....Looks like Mrs. Leechbait is a good cook....

I'm glad my wife can't cook, otherwise I'd be fatter than I already am.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the post....that picture of fresh walleye made my mind wander off of football for a minute.

As for my predictions...

2000 yards for AP

Sage will get the start against Cleveland week one and ride it out the rest of the season.

Percy Harvin will light up the NFL like Randy Moss and AP did their first years and will be named Rookie of the year.

Sidney Rice will finally have his break out season.

The defense will go from the number 7 ranking from last year and be within the top 5 this year.

Record: 12 and 4

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
T-Jack back on the Field!

quote from T-Jack:

"everybody take a deep breath, my knee is fine"... grin

Wheeeewwwww....that's a load off my mind!! crazy

I wonder of Tonya Harding still knows that one guy?!?!?! LOL!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!! I swear I bleed purple, even though someone called me a closet Lions fan. lol!! This is going to be a good season, heck you can't beat the entertainment value of the NFL season. Why waste Sundays doing anything else but watching the Vikings?
hunting and fishin come to mind!! laughlaugh

A buddy of mine has had two season tickets for years. His buddy backed out this year and I bought 1 seat for half the games this year and might buy the others if I have more cash. Usually went to one game a year, but can't wait to see more this year. Love going to the games!!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

A buddy of mine has had two season tickets for years. His buddy backed out this year and I bought 1 seat for half the games this year and might buy the others if I have more cash. Usually went to one game a year, but can't wait to see more this year. Love going to the games!!

Bet they're the Bears or Packers games laugh

last game i went was when DA BEARS won the super bowl and there only loss was to the vikes. i cn still see ole alfred anderson catch that screen and score from about 40 yds.

GREAT thread idea fishin58!!!!

Ej is a beast if he plays at the level he was playin at before he got hurt its just like we are adding a probowl caliber middle linebacker to our squad....thats a huge improvement from last year.

loadholt is a beast its just like having 2 mckinneys out there...they say mckinney is super focused this year and wants to be the best left tackle in football.....hey don't be to hard on loadholt gettin burned a couple times by the all time single season sack record holder.

jared and the wall makes the best line in football...you have to be stoked about them 3 superstars on your line.

we got the best running back in the NFL and one of the best if not the best tandems in the league and with percy a wicked 3 headed monster.

i'm real high on percy ( no pun intended )....its exciting to draft a possible gamebreaker.

i think sage will be in the upper half of qb's this season and if not sage i'm thinking t jack can be atleast a top 30 qb!! i hope sage gets the nod it adds new life to the team.

i'm pumped for the preseason because we have depth and i'm curious about alot of new players we got....also stoked for madden 2010 it comes out next week the vikes will be pretty mean on there this year.

It appears Rick is right and T-Jack will be the starter. He's clearly the better QB at this point. There is absolutely no comparison in physical talent and tools between the two. T-Jack's arm and accuracy makes Sages look like a High-schooler from all accounts at this point.

Really the only chance Sage has is injury or T-Jacks in-ability to pic up the blitz and make good decisions. "I know go ahead and use that quote"

I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a long whining year for the T-Jack haters... thats not unexpected but REALITY!

Go Vikes Go T-Jack!

you know, reading the reports on Harvin coming out, sounds like he's doing pretty well, other players are excited about him, and he's not getting into trouble. Got a long way to go to convince me, but its possible he won't be such a bad pick after all!

It appears Rick is right and T-Jack will be the starter. He's clearly the better QB at this point. There is absolutely no comparison in physical talent and tools between the two. T-Jack's arm and accuracy makes Sages look like a High-schooler from all accounts at this point.

Really the only chance Sage has is injury or T-Jacks in-ability to pic up the blitz and make good decisions. "I know go ahead and use that quote"

I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a long whining year for the T-Jack haters... thats not unexpected but REALITY!

Go Vikes Go T-Jack!

that is preposterous

Big-play Percy

First-round draft pick Percy Harvin provided those in attendance at the morning practice with a glimpse of his playmaking ability. In one-on-one drills featuring receivers and cornerbacks, Harvin got past Marcus Walker and caught a pass from Tarvaris Jackson that traveled about 45 yards and would have been a 72-yard touchdown play. Later in 7-on-7 drills, Harvin made a nice double move and caught a 30-yard pass from Sage Rosenfels before rookie safety Jamarca Sanford could get over to help.

Not to be outdone

A day after leaping to catch a touchdown pass from Rosenfels during the two-minute drill, Sidney Rice went up again, this time over cornerback Karl Paymah, to grab about a 45-yard pass from Rosenfels. Rice was bothered by a knee injury last season but appears to be stronger and thus is getting better leverage when he attempts to get inside on defenders.

Heat it up

The Vikings have been practicing under nearly ideal weather conditions since training camp opened, but that could change Saturday when things are expected to get a little steamy. The Vikings are scheduled to practice from 2:45 to 5 p.m., and the forecast calls for temperatures around 90 degrees. Coach Brad Childress said the practice time won't be altered and pointed out his players are well-hydrated. Childress, in fact, welcomes the warmup. "We need a little bit of heat," he said. "We've had so little so far, so they ought to be stocked up. I don't think the battery is drained."

SIGNAL CALLING

The competition between Jackson and Rosenfels resumed in full as the two split reps with the first team. Jackson had returned from a sprained MCL in his left knee Wednesday but was eased back in. The two quarterbacks looked sharp for the most part and both connected with Harvin on deep routes. Jackson did have a pass intercepted by cornerback Antoine Winfield but that appeared to be because of miscommunication with tight end Jim Kleinsasser.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge

Go Vikes Go T-Jack!

that is preposterous

Noted!

I disagree with you Pier on T-Jack. Nobody has ever questioned his arm strength or accuracy...it's his lack of decision making skills and leadership abilities that will keep this race too close to call for awhile yet. I don't think a clear-cut starter will be named until after the second pre-season game and his initials may be B.F. I'm still holding out hope.

From what I've heard and read so far, it sounds like neither of them have been very impressive.

hey i'll be just as happy as anyone if tjack plays awesome...whoever our starter is i'll be cheering for them reguardless....he didn't get the nickname t-awesome for nothin!!

He also didn't get the nickname t-junk for nothin!!