Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooter

Window problems, switch or motor?

6 posts in this topic

Passenger side window on my '96 Lumina carped the bed - half way down of course. Last few weeks the switch on the passenger side door wouldn't open/close it but I still could from the drivers side. Now neither work. Any ideas what to check first? Thanks.

Passenger side window on my '96 Lumina carped the bed - half way down of course. Last few weeks the switch on the passenger side door wouldn't open/close it but I still could from the drivers side. Now neither work. Any ideas what to check first? Thanks.

Check for broken wires on the drivers side between the door and the rail. Very common for them to break. You might have to carefully cut the rubber boot open to gain access. If no broken wires, check power to/from the switch on the pass. side. Good luck.

Pop the passenger switch out. You should see two Dark blue wires. One should have power to it all the time. If it doesn't than the broken wire theory is possible or the driver master switch is bad.

If there is power than hold the switch in the down position and check for power on the brown wire and the other dark blue wire. The brown is the only one that should have power. The dark blue should be the only one that has power in the up position. If there is power on both of these in either position the passenger switch is bad. If there is power on one wire in either position than the motor is bad.

Thanks much gentlemen!

So, what did you find out the problem to be?

I just had to replace the switch on my 01 Ram on friday.

It worked sporatically going up, but would always work going down. I figured it had to be the switch. $78 bucks later it works great.