Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

Got my new Core 50! Reviews?

8 posts in this topic

Man o man.. is this reel small. Big difference from the original core. It's even slightly smaller then the steez. The handle is a bit smaller too, compared to the older 85mm core. Palms a lot better then the old core. Can't wait to get her out on the water! Matched her up on my Cumara 6'9 Med/Hvy fast rod! Boy is it lighter then the regular core. Throws the balance point off a bit.

Deitz.. have you fished the reel yet? What are your thoughts? What color brakes are more aggresive? I'm ordering some ceramic bearings for it tomorrow!

core4.jpg

core2.jpg

core1.jpg

I have not even held one in my hands yet.. So your one up on me. Looks purdy though..

Do you really think the ceramic bearnings will help that much?

I have not even held one in my hands yet.. So your one up on me. Looks purdy though..

Do you really think the ceramic bearnings will help that much?

they made a difference in my daiwa and other core. I wouldn't doubt it. I'll report back tonight. Maybe I'll hookup to a monster!

ergo and shape. Skimmed off about .5 ounce or so. Much more over the flipping version. I'm not sure if the gear is still brass or not though. Added 3 more bearings.. I take it, it was to the worm gear and knobs. Much more palmable then my other core.

grin Ease of pitching and casting distance. The ceramic bearings are lighter and are smoother but are a tad bit louder. If you haven't tried them before.. give them a go. They're about 15-20 bucks and very easy to replace on reels. Shimano are super easy. Daiwa has it on the spool so it's just a bit more work. Made improvements on my daiwas so I tried them on my core. They were just a little louder then the normal bearings but boy did they make a difference. I have them in all my baitcasters! I can give you the info to the reel guru on tackle tour forums. He's an awesome guy and will tell you what's best. He'll even tell me where I can find the bearings cheaper then what he sells it for.