Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Help please.

10 posts in this topic

Not to sure what I have here, and neither did the staff at Rydell Wildlife Refugee. Maybe some flycatcher variety? Made a short sharp sound for a chirp. here is pics, though not the best.

115743708.jpg

115743707.jpg

115743706.jpg

My first guess, based on bill coloration and length would be a juvenile Easter Wood Peewee.

Second guess, again based on the bill would Olive Sided Flycatcher.

I'd say you've got a juvie eastern wood-pewee or juvie eastern phoebe. Phoebe is what I think.

I would agree with the phoebe. We have some here nesting above the door and I would say an exact match.

I would agree with the phoebe. We have some here nesting above the door and I would say an exact match.

Lucky you!!! Above the door? Mine only visit a short time in the spring.

I'd also vote for Eastern Phoebe smile

I don't remeber if the tail bobbed or not, it was not hanging around long enough for me to get a decent shot of it, or study at any great lenghts.

Come down to the Lebanon Hills Visitor Center, in Eagan, there is a nesting pair right above the front door (on top of the light fixture). They usually arrive spring time for their first batch, and the past couple of years they later have another batch of young ones.