• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best 5 pin sight?

I just decided to switch to a 5 pin sight but am having trouble deciding which one. For the 13 years I've been bowhunting I've used a single pin. I took two deer last year just beyond 50 yards but had to hold high and practice that specific shot from the stand all summer. This year I want to hold a pin dead on. I was going to get the G5 optix LE but have heard of some breaking. Most at the harmonic dampener. The TruGlo sights I've looked into also had breakage issues. I'd prefer something with .019" pins but could make .029" work. Any suggestions? Still thinking about taking a gamble on the G5 LE.

If you've got the money and want to spend it-- Spott Hogg.

Other options would be sureloc and toxonics. I like the new sureloc. I didn't want to spend that much so I bought the cobra sight made by sureloc.

The G5 sites are a great site regaurdless of what you have heard. I have one on my bowtech. My other favorite would have to be the sword 5 pin with the .19 pins. Comes with the 5 pins and a light with three different settings. they are around $94.00 compared to $189.00. Just my 2cents.

If it were me I'd get a Sword Twilight hunter. You can pick the pin size as well as the fiber color and have a combination of pin sizes if you choose.

The light system is adjustable and very good and I have heard nothing but good things about this site. I have the Tru-Glow Extreme 5 pin with light and it works well enough but the fibers are a pain to change. If I had some extra money lying around I would definatlely buy the Sword. I always hear Spott Hoggs are geat but I'm not paying that kind of money for a sight.

If you are looking for the best, the Spot Hoggs are top of the line. Like koonie said, you pay for them. There have been a ton of problems with the G5's and by most reports I've read, they are cheaply made- way too many negative reports for me to consider them until they make some major changes.

It's a single fixed pin because I chose not to slide it. Sliding pins create a mental barrier that I'm not confident battling. Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. I'm not looking to break the bank but am always willing to invest in quality.

Look at the axcel armourtech, I just bought the 7 pin this year and its by far the best sight ive ever owned. I used to break fibers all the time walking through brush or snagging it on a branch while climbing a tree (nothing more frustrating then to look at your pins and be missing the fiber) but this sight has the fibers totally enclosed all the way out to the tip of the sight so it would be almost impossible to break one. I think it is even a step above a spot hogg but you really cant go wrong with either one.

I started with a 1 pin adjustable like you. I loved it but was always worried if I had a longer shot could I make it with the 1 pin. without having time to adjust. I bought the G5 5 pin. I Hate it. One of the adjusting screws Broke a month after buying it. I called G5 twice and they never returned my calls. I am taking it off this year and putting my HHA back on. I will give you the sight for free if you want to pick it up. I also don't like all the clutter of the pins. I shot deer just fine with my matthews and HHA before so I am going back.