• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vick to the Packers?

Dave S

That's interesting. I thought they had a good up and coming back in Rogers? He could be a decent backup, who knows and maybe they would use him in different positions in the offense. I still wouldn't want him on my team.

Packers GM Ted Thompson is "looking at all options".

That's just how you try to play the media's game on your own terms. The media, the sources and the fans (readers) all know how to read between the lines.

If Rodgers goes down, there's nobody but the butcher's wife's sister's son to step in at QB. And we know the Packers organization understands how to handle the drama of media attention, don't we?

Who let the dogs out? gringringrin

I don't think it would happen either. I just found it funny that the Packer's GM is playing into the drama as if he didn't have enough of the Favre saga.

If you ask me, Thompson seems like a (can't say it on here) and about 99% of the Packs problems.

heard on radio this morning that vikes MAY HAVEintereset in vick. i believe he deserves another chance. i would like to see vick hear, but like others said on the farve thread dont think his style of play fits for the vikes. another sports editor and radio personality also said dont be a bit surpised if farve signs right before real season starts.

Listening to the ever trustworthy ESPN radio and the commentator thought there was a good chance of the Pack picking up Vick for a one year contract if the price was right. I don't see it happening but then again I don't have any idea who the Pack has as backup QBs.

Rogers is safe. He was a top 10 QB his first year playing w/ better stats than Favre. They would never sign Vick because of the PR nightmare. If they did, he would be used as slot receiver and situational wildcat/option RB.

Originally Posted By: BrianLucky13
The fans would rip that dog killer up!!! He wont be going to Green Bay!!!

Maybe he could compare notes with those fans that killed Devine's dog.

What fans were those? But hey, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't let that stop you.

Originally Posted By: fishyguy

Maybe he could compare notes with those fans that killed Devine's dog.

What fans were those? But hey, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't let that stop you.

Relax Snooze. I do realize that the story is controversial and much is out there that says the fans did not do it. I apologize if I struck a chord in your green and gold heart but if I am not mistaken we all will take some jabs at the other side. If I would have put a laugh next to it would you have felt better?

Besides, if they only allowed posts to those who actually knew what they were talking about this entire sports forum would see about two posts a week. laughgrinshockedeekwinksmilewhistle (I think I covered all the potential interpretations with these)

No controversy about it.

Quote:
Devine offered a detailed explanation in his autobiography, published in 2000. He acknowledged that his dogs wandered freely and created mischief; one turned up wounded during hunting season and was nursed back to health.

“Rumors circulated that some disgruntled fans or anti-Devine people had shot my dog,” he said in the book. “I honestly don’t believe that was what happened.”

“We weren’t so lucky with another one of our dogs,” Devine continued. “It was only a couple days later, ironically, when the dog wandered over to a nearby farm and began chasing the farmer’s ducks. The farmer, a neighbor who we knew very well, fired a gun at the dog, intending to scare him and get him away from his ducks. Well, the bullet happened to hit the dog and killed him. He had every right to shoot at the dog, and he knew it and I knew it.

“Still, he felt terrible about what happened. I saw him walking toward our house, carrying the dead dog in his arms, crying uncontrollably. He kept saying, ‘I didn’t mean to kill him,’ and I knew that was true. Still more rumors spread, even though it was a total accident, and that night I was down at his house, playing basketball with his kids."

“All those rumors reflected badly on the good people of Green Bay. Most of the people we met were genuine and nice to us…"