• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

August Canada geese flying!

last night in Shakopee there was a flock of about 25 honkers flying over the house rooftop high!

The wife got her shorts in a bunch when I started honking at them with my voice! Nag Nag Nag!

Anyways that was the first flock I seen flying this summer!

Also saw a few flocks of ducks heading for the river! grin

Saw my first flock of locals (in the air) last tuesday mornin. Been watching the groups all summer at their respective summer hangouts. From last count weve got nearly 200 pairs and this yrs babies that should be flying over our spread the first couple days of Sept. So many locals yet only 25 days in the early season. I got laid off in November and the job market around here hasnt come back to life yet so I may have to hunt every day of early season. gringrin

here in lakeville we've had a flock of about 200 geese roosting on lake marion and reeding in a weat field across the street now for about a week and a half! there is alot more geese around here this year than the past couple years and its only the begining of august!

In WI, where I will do most of my goose hunting, we have a Sep 1 opener for early season.

As of right now(10:30 am, Aug 5th 2009) the countdown here is 26 days, 18 hours and 50 minutes till shooting hours....

last night in Shakopee there was a flock of about 25 honkers flying over the house rooftop high!

The wife got her shorts in a bunch when I started honking at them with my voice! Nag Nag Nag!

Anyways that was the first flock I seen flying this summer!

Also saw a few flocks of ducks heading for the river! grin

Where in shakopee do you live? Just asking cause I live in Shakopee as well and are starting to see alot of geese!!!!

been out scouting a couple nights now and one of my feilds i got around 60 birds using it every night hopefully more will come and stay for the early season. im hoping its not just because its one of the few things thats harvested but there is not to many feilds in the area so we will so what happens