• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your opinion

I shoot a heavier (125 gr) fixed blade broadhead and used to have problems getting them to fly good. Now I shoot Quickspins and have no problems with arrow flight at all. As mentioned shooting them through a whisker biscuit may give you some issues.

They don't hold up real well for target shooting because they seem to be a little soft, but for shooting broadheads they work really good.

Do they seem noisier to anyone or is it just me? It seems to me that they are louder when flying, will that cause problems when used for hunting. I was not impressed with them at all I didn't shoot any better with these then a regular blazer vane, did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the replies.

There may be a slight hiss while the arrow is in flight. It doesn't seem to me that it is any louder than any other vane. The noise is probably mostly from the arrow anyway.

IMO the blazer is more hype than anything. It functions the same as any other vane. The only difference with quik spins is that they impart a bit more spin. I think that would help with accuracy at longer distances. Inside 30 yards it probably doesn't make a difference which vane you shoot. They just seemed to shoot a little better for me. Of course, it's like anything else. Confidence goes a long ways.

I'M NOT SLAMMING BLAZERS! So lets not go to war on which vane is best. I shot blazers the last two years and they performed well. I just feel I shoot better with quik spins. The price for them is a little out of line though.

Blazers were actually designed for the wisker biscut rest that is why they are made stiffer then any other vane, then we relized how well they will make a fixed broadhead fly out to some very long ranges and still keeping perfect arrow flight with such short fletching instead of the normal 4" or 5" fletch that is were all the hype came from,and for me until they come up with something different that is what I am shooting. And now most prefletched arrows at the shop are now fletched with the blazers also. They still don't make my groups smaller with the recurve but I think thats just me. laugh

I've have tested the quick spins (2" and 4") and they really don't make much of a different if your shooting within 25 yards. The 4" vane shoots tighter groups anything beyond 30 yards and the 2" vanes are probably just for looks. Maybe the 2" might work better on smaller and lighter arrows.

I fletch my own arrows all with a right degree spin.

I've have tested the quick spins (2" and 4") and they really don't make much of a different if your shooting within 25 yards. The 4" vane shoots tighter groups anything beyond 30 yards and the 2" vanes are probably just for looks. Maybe the 2" might work better on smaller and lighter arrows.

I fletch my own arrows all with a right degree spin.

Thats a good point I never considered arrow weight and speed into any of this. I shot with blazers all summer so far so Ill switch back to regular blazers and see if anything changes.