• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best shotgun inbetween $400-$700

I picked up an SX2 a couple years ago to replace carrying my A5 all day pheasant hunting. The SX2 has been a great gun for both upland and waterfowl. I got the field model (3", 28" barrel, I think 7lb 6 oz)). This was a good move for me coming from an A5 as the SX2 has a raised rib and was one of the guns that shouldered the best for me. The SX2 is bascially the same gun as the Browning Gold, although the BG has a lower rib height and generally is more expensive. The Sx2 does not have the magazine cut-off like the gold either. A few other differences, but mainly internal.

My buddy has an 390 and that is a nice gun as well, and one that I was considering until I found the deal on the SX2. I would also check out the 391 which is the newer model.

I also liked the Browning Gold, Browning Silvers/Winchester SX3's and Benelli M1, but they were a little higher in price.

Out of any of these.....find the gun that fits you the best. Not worth spending the cash on a gun that does not fit you! When I was trying out different guns I found that the SX2 fit/shouldered better than the Browning Gold because of the rib height. Small things like that can make a big difference!

guys i made my decision after holding just about every gun on the market today at cabelas and i had the money to spend on almost any gun and i ended up with a 870 super mag synthetic the onley gun i really liked and i know i can trust in. Thanks for all the help as i didn't know of all the models out as of now. Thanks Again

Remmington 870 cant go wrong with that choice

I also shoot a Browning gold and when I bought it with rebate it was less than the remington auto look for deals I also just purchased a Stoger auto going to shoot it this weekend but seems to be a sweet gun