• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hearing a twang.

Rippinlip

I been shooting alot and the other day we were shooting and I heard a different sound from my bow. I had my wife and a friend help me try to diagnosis it we have it narrowed down to the top limb somewhere, possibly around the cam.

I know the pro shop might be the only answer, but before I do I was also wondering if this could be the cause of a consistant drift to the right of my arrows.

I know I asked in an earlier post about this drift, but ever since then I have been adjusting the pins on a regular basis, now I am thinking it was not all me.

Could the bow have a cracked limb?

And could that be causing bigger issues?

Besides the cotton ball trick is there anything else I can try?

Agreed. Could be any number of things, all need to be addressed by a qualified archery dealer. If you're changing your sights frequently, my guess would be broken strands in your string under the serving, or could be the cam is no longer true.

Take it in. Good luck.

Yup, I agree with above. Just an FYI for you- my brother, who is the most knowledgable archery person I know (and I know a lot of 'em), had the top limb of his last bow break at full draw. It flew back and hit him in the forehead, knocking him to the ground. He was cut and beat up, but ended up to be fine. It could have just as easily hit him in the mouth, eye, temple, etc. and done some serious damage.

Yep, get the bow in for the sake of safety at a minimum. You also don't want to have to fix your bow in the middle of season, like I did last year!!!

Also, if something breaks and does cause you some harm (even if minimal) you might be surprised and how much it could impact your form. I had an old PSE that let loose right in my hands at full draw. The string got my left arm pretty good. After I got the bow put back together you can't believe how much target panic I had at first.

my buddy has a hoyt and had been shooting like crazy. Well we were shooting together for the first time in ages and I head a twang. It caught my attention but he was used to it. His cam's for his adjustment for draw was losening up. We tightened the screwes and first shot missed target. Don't know if it was loose the whole time but at 10/20 yards he barely hit the block! had to do some major adjusting afterwards but it fixed his sound. If it wasn't something as simple as that definately bring it in to get fixed never want your last draw to be the last thing you do

Thanks for all advice,

Just back home and all the twang was the locking clips on the top limb for the cam had worked themselves loose, they were not off just really loose. Only took 2 experienced technicians a few seconds to diagnosis it.

Thanks to those gentlemen, I did end up putting new string leeches on it, old ones broke and a new peep sight, without the rubber hose.

Can't walk away without something new. LOL