• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burntside Lake/Ely

Nope.

There was a muskie rearing pond along the B-side river between B-side and Shagawa. It flooded one year and a few made it into the river and down to Shags.

There's a barrier that kept them from getting into B-side.

If you want to fish Muskies up there, I would make the 20 mile ride back to Vermilion.

Good luck.

So would Shagawa be a good lake to try?

If Burntside does not have much, I am looking for something right around burntside. Vermillion is too far as I am up on the NW side of the north arm of burntside and I have a time restriction.

Shags has a smattering of muskies - not enough to really target. There are some decent pike to be had here and there.

The biggest muskie reported from Shags came from the bay where the sea plane base is. It was a biggie but I don't recall how big.

I the last few years of fishing on Shags, I boated one ski that went about 10 pounds. Shocked the heck outta me.