• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steam Frontload Washer and Dryers?

Shack

Question

Anyone else have and use them? I just bought a set this last weekend and have a ton to learn. So far very quiet, cool to look at and seem to clean very well.

The brand I purchased was LG.

9 answers to this question

My wife has the steam frontload maytag since this spring and loves it. She uses the quick clothing refresh on wrinkled clothes before she jumps in the shower and almost never uses an iron anymore. As far as stain removal property goes it's inconclusive so far.

Yep Borch, that is the neat feature my wife and I where looking for in steam.

They seem to look impressive though:

9d217e41.jpg

Even in the dark:

8ddd5010.jpg

I have about 8 loads so far and used steam on all of them. I will say my under T's smell much fresher grin than with my old units.

I will report back on tough stains when I get one wink

Down side is the wash cycles are longer (because of efficiency and water conservation), but the plus side is the dryer dries quicker than my old one and my load capability is much larger now. So in the end it works out to be quicker.

The "man" thing with these machines (because of the high speed spinning) is to level them out to a T and make sure your floor can handle them if not on concrete wink . After getting mine level, I had to run loads and adjust while the cycle was on. Takes some time, but in the end they are very quite and do not shake.

They just installed 2 sets of these in the house I'm working on today,( not sure why a family of 4 needs 2 sets plus a compact set upstairs) first time I had seen the new steam washers. Hope the wife doen't find out about them. Look like nice units.

Make sure you get the extended warranty on the Washer for sure. The sales lady told us that they have 10 times more repairs calls on the washers than the dryers. Which I can attest to as we have had 6 service calls since March and they have replaced every part in the washer. Cost would have been with labor over $2600 which is $1000 more than what we paid for it. They work well and cut your water and washing time in half but protect yourself, we could have been out $2,600 - I need to buy that sales lady a bottle of Crown!