• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Iowa Speedway

Just returned from the Inagural Nationwide race at Iowa Speedway. We took the whole family along, and had a blast. There are some things that the speedway will have to change as far as parking and traffic flow go, but otherwise it was great. Hopefully, the Nationwide series will continue to come to Iowa, and maybe NASCAR will take note.

My sister was sitting next to a guy that was on the board when the speedway was built. He said that the track is for sale, and some big wigs in NASCAR have been looking at it. To me, that would mean the Nationwide would make it a regular stop. The trucks have been racing there for awhile, so I think they will stay on the schedule. They would have to change a couple of things as far as the roads to and from the track, but the facility itself is really nice.

The racing was great. The leader could pull away from the other cars once they got into clean air, until it was between Brad and Kyle. There was hard racing going on all over the track. It was the first time I had ever seen two cars get stuck together with a third wedged in between. They got themselves apart pretty close to where we were sitting, so we could see Steve Wallace's hand gestures out his window. grin

The wife and I had a BLAST! I have never been to a race before and plan on going again. I just wish I had a little more room in my seat. It was a real tight squeeze. We did not have any problem with parking or leaving. I did hear some had issues. We must have been lucky. I sure hope the sprint cup shows up there. I thought it was a great track. You could see every corner from our seats.