Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fredd

general questions on atv

4 posts in this topic

I have an '04 AC 500I and have two questions. First of all, what is the reverse override button used for and what is involved in changing the belt as compared to a Polaris (I understand that my machine has a wet clutch??)?? Thanks in advance, guys!!

I don't know the specifics about your model but reverse over-ride is used to allow full power in reverse. My Kawasaki will not allow the engine to exceed a preset rpm in reverse unless I press the over-ride. It prevents someone from reversing too rapidly and risking losing control.

Some models disengage the front drive axle in reverse and pressing the over-ride will allow it to engage. Again, this is a safety feature.

You can over-ride the feature if needed by pressing the button.

My RPM's seem to not be limited, I am thinking it might be the four wheel feature. Thanks

also on the Cat...the reverse over ride only works in 4wd, at least it does on my 07. to see what yours does, put it in reverse and crank it up, you'll be able to tell if it's limited. then try and hit the over ride button to see if it lets loose. try the same thing in 4wd