• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP- No tilt or trim

Deep_Sinker

OK, so yesterday morning I looked out to see my motor which is a 2004 250 HPDI Yamaha in the full up position which is not where I left it. So, this had happened one other time about 3 months ago. Then the problem just went away. This time it will not do anything. When I activate the up or down switch, the relay just clicks. Nothing to the trim motor. I have check voltages and everything looks like it should have power to the motor. I believe the trim motor is shot. Any other thoughts?

Also, how do I remove the trim motor. It has 3 allen head bolts, one which is conveniently buried. I tried with no luck to drop it out of the frame. I removed the 4 bolts from each side, drained as much fluid as I could and I still could not get it to come out the motor frame. It appears that I cannot get it to go up high enough, due either to the frame rubbing or the center piston fighting me.

Well, I double checked the electrical stuff again. Just decided to pull the motor. It is definitely bad. The shaft hardly moves. I guess now the hunt is on for a new motor before the weekend. Don't want to lose too much time on the water.