• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am going to Grindstone lake for several days next week. I've never fished the area before, does anyone have any general advice, opinions on the lake, help etc? I generally fish for smallies, walleye and muskies, though there will be a healthy dose of taking the kids fishing as well. Thanks!

Been getting a few walleyes in 12 to 17 feet along the weeds, slip bobbers and jigging with jumbo leaches. I've picked up a few stray bass doing this but haven't really targeted them. I don't fish muskies so can't tell you much about them. I do know there's some big ones in there though.

I only made it out on Saturday morning for a few hours. I picked up a few walleyes in 14-16 feet on Kentucky Bar using a leech/rig. We decided to leave Grindstone after one night because Norwood Haven was too scary for my wife and kids. I couldn't even put my boat in using their ramp, it was too broken up. Another family next to us left after one night also, we both had mice running around our kitchens and the place smelled like urine. We got a partial refund and moved to Teal Lake. I've been to a lot of mediocre resorts, and I'm not too picky, but I'd recommend staying away from Norwood Haven! Thanks for the fishing reports, it looked like a nice lake, I wish I would have had more time to fish it.

The fishing on Teal was really tough. I picked up a few fish but nothing noteworthy. A few pike and smallies, no walleye or muskies. Only small bluegills and perch while fishing with the kids. From what I gathered from most people at Ross Lodge and the Happy Hooker bait store, it didn't seem like this was a great time of year to be on Teal. I wasn't really prepared to fish Teal, since I thought I'd be on Grindstone. It was kind of a mental shift for me, Grindstone seemed like it was going to be deep clear structure fishing and Teal was loaded with shallow weedy bars. I thought it was a nice little lake despite my lack of success.