• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your Go-To?

riverrat56

Looking at what everyone drops down the hole most often?

For me it was always an 1/8 Go Devil in Green/glow, until picking up a Rattl'n Flyer last year. For all species except sunfish I found myself reaching for that spoon first last year, normally in Gold or Rainbow. Next in line is either a Diamond or Fiska jig tipped with a few spikes.

Almost 100% of the time I have a dead stick minnow, just a minnow on a plain hook. The rod in my hand might switch around but the minnow remains the same. It doesnt get a lot of bites but it works as an attractor for everything. Jigging that thing brings a lot of fish in. When it does get bit its usually worthwhile.

Fishing for eyes I typically use a 1/4oz glow red rattlin varmit, 1/4oz Go -devil by Scenic tackle and a LInfy flyer in glow red.

For panfish, a JB Lures Ju-Ju or a smaller Lindy Flyer in a smaller size.

I love to use the new Flutter jigs tipped with a minnow. They can be found here.

http://www.outdoorprostore.com/

My go to is either a Genz Worm tipped with a finesse plastic tail or a Go Devil Jigging Spoon.

Last year, I bought a bunch of used rods and jigs from a guy and he had a little Demon spoon with the treble hook taken off of it. In it's place, he had a really small chain, about 1" long with a single hook at the end of it. It turned out to be absolutely phenomenal.

For the Crappies my favorite is a #6 Pink Glow OPS Carppie Jig tipped with a minnow head. Close seconds are the 1/16 oz Glow Devils.

Early ice gills I like a bigger OPS sunfish jig and later season down size Purple, Blood Red and Orange. Sometimes this jig needs a little meet such as a waxie and other times they are hot without being tipped.

#6 Custom Jigs & Spins Mega Glow Orange Demon - hands down the best producer I had all season. Generally tipped with either a live waxie or a Gulp! waxie.

Also had good success with scud flies when crappies got really finnicky.

Crappies:

1-Red glow Genz Bug tipped with glow Little Atom Nuggie plastic

2- Glow Demon tipped with a waxie/minnow head

3- If bite is negative, go with diamond jig tipped with little atom glow wedgee or skimpies platics

If the byte is very active, #3 Chubby Darters are a blast - but be prepared with your forceps, they usually swallow them good.