• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

auger mount for snomobile

skippie

If you are fabricatingyour own mount,i would try to mount it across the hood. In the front you won't get all the snow dust on your auger. I have had a few groups that have had their augers mounted this way and it worked great. I will try to find a picture and post it.

Thanx, any help would be appreciated. I got a sled at the end of last season so I don't have to keep dragging my shanty out on the ice in the deep snow. But in putting the auger mounts on the front won't that put more wear and tear on the sleds steering parts? And how would you mount the carrier on the front as the front bumper doesn't seem heavy duty enough to handle the weight.

Check out Mad Dog ATV mounts. I have round tubing on my 2up seat and was able to use the ATV handlebar mounts. Works great and very simple to install.

If you don't have the tubing there already, I'm sure it would pretty easy to use some conduit.

what kinda sled is it?? i just made a bumper out that tubing and bolted it above the other bumper that was on there.. i hate a aguger mount up front cuz if you tip you got 30lbs of jiffy comming at you and it doesnt take much to scratch a hood..i also made a basket and i could get every thing i needed to fish in it.. ill post a pic but its small..100_1639.jpg

My sled is a 97 Polaris Ultra, it's nothing fancy but it will get the job done. I figured that I could always put a cover over the auger engine to protect it. I have plenty of 1" square tubing and a mig welder. I just never fabed anything like this before, but with a little help I can get it done. Hard to see in your picture how it's set up.

The ones I seen, they had tubing mounted to the frame under the hood and came out the sides of the belly pan and then went up above the hood. The hood could be opened with the auger off the rack. I found a picture, but the rack isn't the easiest to see, but it will give you an idea of how the auger sits. As for the weight, an auger don't weigh that much and I can't see it wearing out the steering components any sooner.

P2210999.jpg

I don't have any pictures, but it is pretty simple. I have a 98 xc 600. I went to a sled junk yard and bought a 2 up rear bumper for 20 bucks, it is approx 12" longer then the standard bumper. I then took two pieces of 3/16 alumn and made brackets to put inbetween the sled's tunnel and new bumper. The 2 up bumper has three attach points where as the standard bumber has only two, that is the reason for the alumn brackets on each side. Then I took a piece of 3' 2x8 cedar with auger mount attached to it and attached it to the bumper using u bolts. This works good because you can still put a cover on for travel, or take the mount off pretty quick woth the u bolts.