• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spitting in Baseball

a47mlb

Watching the game tonight, and see a shot of Gardy sitting in the dugout, arms crossed looking quite relaxed, and spitting. He doesn't chew, except for gum. So that got me wondering, do you suppose when he sits at home in the Lazyboy watching Dancing with the Stars, he spits for no appearant reason? wink

I think the worst though was Garza. That guy spit so much, MY mouth would get dry just watching it.

All I'm saying is that I thought it kinda funny, the visual of Gardy, or any player for that matter, sitting at home with the family, TV on, and every so often, "Pftp", a little spit comes shooting out, and the wife yelling, "SAVE IT FOR THE GAME, RON!! JEEZ!!!"

Could make for a pretty good SNL skit some day, ya think?

I think it is a disgusting site to be honest with you all. It seems like everytime a camara is on them, they are spitting away, from spit, sunflower seeds, chew juice. It is getting worse and worse and more disgusting. Kinda tough to eat and watch sports people on TV lately.

every guys gotta spit, i do a bit...often seeds. no dip, im not 18, not that i couldnt get any if i wanted too. it just doesnt appeal to me very much. anyways yea you fellow men cant hate on a guy spittin, especially on a baseball field!

It really doesn't bother me I guess.....but no one human being spits more than Alfonso Soriano.

If you have a chance...watch him bat sometime....I'll bet he spits every 2 seconds. How can anyone have that much saliva in their mouth...he doesn't chew seeds or tobacco...just plain spit. lol

Garza/s disgusting.

I do think SNL could do a pretty funny skit with it.

I'm thinking the house of representatives. Every time someone stands up at the podium or whatever, spit spit spit.

Cut to a courtroom, judge spit spit spit, attorney spit spit spit, prosecutor spit spit spit, jury, spit spit spit. even right before they give their verdict etc.

Cut to a news anchor, spit spit spit. The weatherman spit spit spit.

They could even do the WSOP, have all the guys spitting, getting their spit on the cards, and having to wipe it off, on the chips... it would be rather hilarious/disgustingly so.

Maybe just have Garza, in each. Have him lose his job as a pitcher, and he's auditioning for various other jobs. Announcer, poker player, golfer, congressman etc. Can you see him on the first tee at the Masters, spitting 3 or 4 times between back swings. Lining up his putt, and spitting continuously. Picking up the trophy/check and spitting. Getting spit on everything... including the green jacket.

I think the cup adjustment is worse than the spitting. Big series with my Tigers starts tonight. Watch Cabrerra. Doesn't matter if he's at bat or in the field.

Good luck, Twins, but I have to pull for my Tigers.