• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SQUIRREL HUNTING...???

Phooj

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows or own some land that has squirrel and i willing to pay a little fee to hunt squirrel in this coming up season, i haven't hunt them for awhile and my mom makes some good squirrel stew and missed having it. So please get back at me Thanks

Henderson is south of the Twin Cities about 45 minutes and 3 miles West of 169 on HWY 19. Before you go down the hill into the Valley, there's a big WMA (Ney WMA)on the right side of the road. The Ney Environmental Center is across the road. You can only hunt the North side of the road.

The other WMA is northwest of Henderson. Turn right onto County Road 6 and go 3/4 mile out of town. Turn left on the first gravel road after you get out of town. You'll go about 1.5 miles and drop down into another valley. When you come back up the hill, Vale WMA will be on your right. There's some really deep ravines out there so be careful.

Yea similar to rabbit, though I haven't eaten one in quite a few years. I've been meaning to go after them, but every time I find a bunch I am more concerned with the deer I am chasing. smile

I think most guys make them into a stew or use the slow cooker.

hey LEP7MM im still confused , can you tell me how to get from Saint Paul, MN from start to finish PLEASE, sorry i have ask you alot of you rhelp already, if you dont mind , and for the other guys squirrell is similiar to rabbit.

No problem Phooj.

From St. Paul, if you can get your way to 494 West, cross over 35W and continue to HWY 169 South, that will take you to the directions I gave above. From 494 to HWY 19 that goes into Henderson, it will be approximately a 45 minute drive.

Take HWY 19 west 1.5 miles to the Ney WMA. It will be at the top of the hill on the right side of the road before you drop into the MN River valley.

If you continue on HWY19 into the MN River valley, you will come into Henderson. Turn right just after the Shell Gas Station onto County Road 6 and head north out of town. As soon as you get out of Henderson, you'll take the first gravel road to your left and follow this through another valley. It will be approximately 1.5 miles of gravel. Once you reach the top of the hill, there will be a parking area on the right. This will be the Vale WMA.

Hope this helps.