Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerminator

Indestructible Stuffed ANimal?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone know of such a toy, or one that wont't have the stuffing come out right away? Our dog loves stuffed animals but he also is a little too rough with them. We've bought a couple so-called "pet" stuffed animals and he's even pulled the squeakers out of a few. He's a good dog and leaves everything in the house alone, just loves to chew on his stuffed animals.

We've tried a few and none have held up very long. We pretty much just use Kong toys, Nylabone ropes, etc. now.

Kong products are the only thing that lasts any amount of time with my dog too

You could try "Tuffy" brand stuffed dog toys. They worked pretty good for my lab before she was a year old. Once she was passed the de-stuffing stage, her Tuffy toy was retired and now has been passed down to her puppies.

They are not indestructible by any means, but they do stand up better to rough play than regular stuffed dog toys.

Stuffed animals last about 30 seconds with our lab. A tough one does not exist unless they make one out of kevlar.

Try the "Jolly Pet Teaser Ball". It's a ball within a ball that our lab loves. Google it to see what I'm talking about. You can get them at Fleet Farm. I think I paid $10 to $12 for the 10" model.

If you can find a stuffed animal that lasts, send it to me and I will guarantee that my Great Dane can shred it in short order!

Have you tried the Skinneaz toys? Basically, a stuffed animal with no stuffing in it. Ours loves the dnag things.

A couple of things we've tried. My wife made a basic stuffed toy with no squeaker in it. Eventually it gets destroyed but lasts longer. Something about the squeaker sets my dogs off and they don't stop until it is removed from the toy. Even with the stuffing removed the dogs still like the fabric "shell" that remains. She also takes a few strips of felt and braids them into a tight rope. The dogs love them and they are still intact after many weeks.

We've come across Tuffy's toys. They're basically ultra tough stuffed toys. They have a "tuffness" scale for how indestructible they are. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. We've got an 8 and a 9, and while they are starting to show some wear, they have held up for quite a while and all of the stuffing is still in them (says quite a bit that they are holding up to the jaws of a Great Dane). Plus, the squeakers still work, and our dog normally gets the squeaker out of anything in less than 10 minutes.

Chuck and Don's usually has a pretty good selection. You can check out the manufacturer HSOforum [Please read forum rules before posting again. Thank you].

At 4 months, and the few prior, our GSP has destroyed anything that squeaks, including attempts at the cat. (cat fights back) These toys are favorites of his also, and when he goes in the back yard to do his business, you can tell by visual inspection when he has been on a steady diet of cotton stuffing to supplement his food.

"kong" toys or similar, freeze with a little peanut butter I'm told is a good way to keep 'em busy. We have a "Buster Box" which is a puzzle box for their dogfood, that they have to knock around to get the food out, and it comes out really slowly. That buster box keeps him busiest the longest. We probably feed half his food to him that way. Its all but indestructible by a dog. Hard, slick plastic, with no angles acute enough for them to get their mouth around.

At 4 months, and the few prior, our GSP has destroyed anything that squeaks...

Amazing how sharp those puppy teeth are, huh? smile

My dog destroys a black kong in under 2 weeks. frown

I need the super super version