Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
FishingWebGuy

Peep or no peep?

I'm new to archery in the last year. This past spring I installed a peep sight on my bow. It helped a lot with accuracy and learning how to aim. The other day while at the range, I noticed while anchored to my chin the peep was higher up than normal. Not thinking I adjusted my head to see through the peep, lined up the target and shot missing completely. I then realized what had happened and adjusted the peep.

Today I go to the range and the peep moved again. When tying it in, I used about 15 overhand knots to create a super knot. Since it's not reliable at this point anyhow, I removed it. I figured the guy who owned the bow before me didn't have one installed so why do I need one.

Shooting without wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be as long as I pay attention to my anchor and head position.

So just wondering. Does everyone on here use a peep or not?

Whatever works for you, but you will be more accurate with a peep than without IMO. Take it to an archery pro shop and have it profesionally installed so it will not move again.

Without a peep you are more likely to anchor in the wrong spot and not notice it when that animal comes into range when you start shakeing,with a peep you will know right away because you wont be able to see out of it.

Yep, that's right. It also helps keep you focused. When that buck is standing broadside right in front of you the peep keeps you focused on a spot behind the shoulder rather than having your eye peeking at the antlers messing up you shot.

Wrap some serving or a strand of old bow string, some use dental floss, wrap it several times and tie. Then add a drop of fletching cement or similar. Last time I put a light coat of fletch cement down before starting to wrap

Archerysniper: I cut my own fletching from this springs turkey wings. Haven't tried them yet but might get to it this weekend.

Sold. I'll go to GM tomorrow and have it professionally reinstalled.

Maybe the cement alone would do the trick but I'll just wait and see what they do differently than I did.

Thanks everyone

I have mine in and I don't use tubing to hold it in place. It has never moved in the 2 yrs its been on there. After its installed and I sight in and know its right where it should be I mark the spot with a dot of nail polish. If it ever did move i would know and the polish also helps to hold it there.

Just remember too use all the feathers from the same wing, right wing will give right hand flech and left hand fletch for the left wing. Have fun with it and then you can make a wing bone call out of the leftover bones.

Your peep shouldnt be moving around like that. I would use a peep. Especially if your using a compound bow. You will be much more accurate in general. The only reason I would ever take mine off is for bowfishing, or if I was shooting a traditional bow; which wouldnt have a peep to begin with.

Stick with the peep. If installed correctly it should never move up or down and while your in getting it corrected make sure that its lining up stright and if need to have them take out a twist or put one in to make sure when pulled back it is square to your eye every time.

Good luck!

mr

I'll buck the trend here. I've shot with just a kisser for 10 years. In real life hunting conditions it allows you to have both eyes open, no loss of light and you don't need to worry about the peep moving or string twisting at the moment of truth.

It does require very consistent form and self awareness.

A peep sight is probably one of the best devices to use to tighten a group, assuming it doesn't move and is installed correctly. The biggest drawback is shooting your bow in low light conditions. That last 15 minutes of legal light on a cloudy day can make a peep very hard to see through.

With that being said here is my suggestion to compensate with the drawback and I advocate shooting with a peep.

I practice shooting "around" my peep for low light conditions. I still anchor the same but then begin to look around my peep but still use my pins. At the same time then need to move to aim to the right on the target.

Without a doubt my groups are not as tight using the above method so to compensate I will not use this method to shoot at a deer over 25 yards. I have taken my 2 biggest bucks using this shooting method, including the one in my avatar.

I shot with a kisser for many years, but when I got my new bow I went back to a peep. I like both, would shoot without one or the other. I think I'm a little more accurate with the peep, but I really liked the kisser in the field in low light.