• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Poppy is a fraud too

Jim Uran

I say Pujols, Griffey, and Frank Thomas were all clean and I would be surprised to hear their names as being one to use but anyone else doesn't really make me surprised......Thome would have to be on the clean list also....

Are you really surprised? You know it's really sad when you start to doubt players if they do well - Its steroids! or if they do poorly- he must have gone off - but thats the nature of pro sports now. With the money thats available - both on the field and endorsements wise it would be awfully hard not to try them especially as easy as they are to supposedly get and when you see the results the players get. I also get a kick out of it when you hear players say "I've passed 15 drug tests over the past 5 years." The baseball tests were not that sophisticated and a lot of players could have very easily used masking agents to get by. Although I do agree with the players union in that those tests were done in complete confidence and the names were never to be available to the public or anyone else for that matter. The release of those names seems to be not only unethical but illegal as well.

Pujols would be in a pickle if he tests positive. He has made public statements saying he would give back every dollar he has made while playing professional baseball if he ever tests positive for steroids. Thats a pretty big claim to make if he is juicing and relying only on masking agents. Seems to me he is pretty confident that he's clean.

I am not surprised to see Ortiz linked to roids at all. Once he left the Twins he all of a sudden became a great hitter. He couldn't hit for his life when playing for the home town team. Manny doesn't surprise me either. They may as well release the rest of the names if these guys are being outed.

When your numbers increase as dramatically as Ortiz did when he left here it wasn't Rocket Science to figure out he was juicing along with his buddy Manny!

I wish I could believe Frank Thomas and Griffey have NEVER used drugs but I don't buy it at all!

Of course I said the same to all the A-Roid apologist before he was busted !

I agree,

It didn't seem to bother Manny all that much. He sat out his 50 games and came back to a heroes welcome in Los Angeles. When you make the incredible amount of money these guys make the financial hardship of losing 1/3 of your salary for the year isn't a deterrent. I don't know what the answer is - it almost seems like the public doesn't care that much any more if someone is on or not as long as the team is succesful. I personally had many opportunites to try a lot of this stuff while playing college ball and later in competitve bodybuilding but always resisted. One, because I considered it cheating and it was illegal and two, what kind of an example are you setting to your kids if you tell them not to do drugs and you are doing them yourself?

Good News! last post for Pier in the sports forum until next week...LOL!

Oritz is on record as SAYING anybody who has cheated with drugs in basebal should be banned for one year..

Ortiz quote:

"I know if I test positive by using any kind of substance, i know I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everbody, and I don't want to be in that situation. I won't use it!

HUH?

Everyone was doing it and it isn't even a surprise anymore when a big name pops out. It's totally bogus but whatever, it's MLB's fault for waiting so long and sitting back watching the revenue pour in as McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds kept cranking them over the fence. IMHO, they should just shut up and forget the past. What's done is done.

As for the future, they should institute a lifetime ban from baseball or whatever sport and no chance at a HoF spot for anyone testing positive. Pete Rose got banned for betting on baseball but these 'roid junkies get a free pass. Missing out on a 1/3 of your paycheck??!? Please, Manny makes more in 2/3 of a season than I will my entire working life.

These guys simply don't care. They're staring in the face of 50+ million dollar contracts that have/will set themselves and the rest of their family up for eternity. Integrity of the game...please. Hall of Fame...who cares. These guys were after that huge contract and in the end...most of them cashed in. Joke's on us.

I'm still shocked Rincon was on the juice

Steroids are extremely helpful to pitchers. Steroids help you recover quicker from your training, pitching fatigue and of course injury.. Thats why Clemens, Rincon and many other Pitchers use them.

Originally Posted By: zamboni
I'm still shocked Rincon was on the juice

Steroids are extremely helpful to pitchers. Steroids help you recover quicker from your training, pitching fatigue and of course injury.. Thats why Clemens, Rincon and many other Pitchers use them.

I understand that, I am surprised Rincon was because he's horrible

zamboni,

I agree Rincon was terrible but not all players who take steroids become that much better, Initially you have to have the genetics for them to work with. Next you have to eat properly, train hard and get adequate sleep for them to work to their potential. Failure to do any of the above will result in not only wasted money but the inevitable damage to your kidneys and liver as well. You would think these guys would do their homework before putting this into your body instead of listening to some pusher about the advantageswithout the harm.