• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter storage of a pontoon

Tom7227

I got a brand new pontoon this year and have started to think about the winter storage issue. So far no luck on an indoor setup and one place was talking about shrink wrap outdoor storage. Anyone had this done and if so what has been your experience? I wonder about snow load - if we get a heavy wet snow can it tear things up? I'm in the White Bear Lake area and the place I got the quote from is up the road about 15 miles just off the freeway - most will know who I'm talking about.

If you don't mind a drive look for storage with local fairboards on the outskirts of the cities area. I am on our county fair borad and we store boats, and pontoons for people from over 60 miles away in our buildings. It is all indoors and a lot less expensive than metro storage. So do some checking.

Tom, my bro in law did the shrink wrap one year, and it worked out real well for him. I am not sure, but I think either he or the guy who did it built some teepee type framework for it. Can't recall.

I used to just tarp mine up, but was old and I had one of those old solid "roof" type covers that I used, and it weathered pretty good actually. Heavy duty poly tarps. Now I keep in a new garage, on dollies, works really slick smile

We have pontoon shrink wrapped each year and it is stored outside. It's 4 years old and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. As long as the guy knows what he is doing shrink wrapping it is a great option.

144 days till the permy was out last year which means 144 days till a foot of ice which is nice whooo i dont mind pulling docks and putting anti freeze in boats lol!! my gradpa kept his in his car garage but cut the back wall out so the whole thing would fit lol