• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple of mystery flowers

I went to WI. yesterday to shot a series on flyfishing the trico hatch. The hatch never really developed so I spent the morning wading through a dew soaked water meadow. I found these two flowers that I coundn't identify. Does anyone know what they are?

Blue-Flower-1.jpg

blue-Flower-2.jpg

I would take a stab at wild bergamot on the top one if the serrated leaf is the one that goes with the plant. The frondier leaf looks more like starry false Solomon's seal. These are both guesses from what I have in the yard--not a botany nut (I mean that in a positive sense, I admire all of you and aspire to that ability some day.) The second looks a bit like the germander which was on the same page as bergamot when I went to my field book to check spelling.

That's a stab in the dark (which is known to better than a stab in the back.).