• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mounting bow graph...novice needs help

R. Miller

I haven't had a lot of experience with rigging boats, etc. But I dusted off my lowrance x67 ice machine(love it for ice fishing) and thought I may as well get use out of it in the summer months too. It looks like I can buy a transom mount ducer, but I can't tell if they also come with wiring for battery hook ups. Is that standard? I know, a lot of crappy questions...guess I'm just looking for pointers...Ive got a 1650 Lund tiller, is it pretty normal to just run the wiring along the side of the boat to the back? I'm just trying to think of the slickest way to do this with making it as clean looking as possible. Does anyone have experience with the x67c in particular?

You will need to purchase a power cord as well (not included with the transducer purchase).

What is more normal for wire routing is to leave them hidden, so that may involve pulling the decking. If you're thinking this is a short term deal only though, running them along the side would work till you get your permanent solution.

marine_man

I did this exact thing with my X67c this spring. You will love it!

First off, on this model, the power cord is built in with the transducer plug, so you don't need a separate cord. You'll have to add a fuse, though.

I second buying the trolling motor puck transducer. I mounted mine on my Terrova and it works slick as snot.

I pulled some panels off and ran the wire under/behind them so there was no exposed wiring.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can likely answer them!

You can see my set-up on the bow in this photo--ignore the giant dog in the photo smile

2009-05-05012.jpg