• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone in Mankato area carry Gamakatsu 10/0 Octopus Hooks??

howellcanufish

I've checked Gander and Scheels and found 8/0 to be the biggest they carry. I've ordered them from catfish connection before but hate to pay almost the same in shipping as the hooks cost. Any smaller baitshops or other routes a guy should look in to?

Nope you are out of luck my friend...I ordered mine in bulk off Catfish Connection back in March. I have also gotten some from Bob at Moore's Bait and Tackle in Minneapolis. The only big Gamakatsu hooks you will find in Mankato are the Big River style but those are too big and thick in my opinion.

I've checked Gander and Scheels and found 8/0 to be the biggest they carry. I've ordered them from catfish connection before but hate to pay almost the same in shipping as the hooks cost. Any smaller baitshops or other routes a guy should look in to?

I just ordered some online. I could probably spare a few for you. I do make it down to kato from time to time. Just an option.

Gander does have the 10 O/T Gami Big River hooks, and the 12 O/T.

big_rivr.jpg

For a large bait offering as for a Flathead they do very well.

They were designed by Gami for South American cats, and they are top quality high carbon rust resistant metal. Very sharp.

I appreciate the gesture pureinsanity, but I'll probably just order up the 25 pack and be set for awhile.

As for the Big River Hooks, I bought some of those but when I got them home and compared them to my Octopus 10/0 I was floored by how much larger they are. Do you suppose that large of a hook would wear out a 7" bullhead after several hours of being hooked?