• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Things for a Minnesota boy to do in Chicago

Visited my daughter in Chicago this past week, and you know what they say - you can take the boy out of the country, but.....

Took mostly tourist pix, but you can kind of get an idea of how the trip went:

We ate at fine restaurants:

fine-rest.jpg

Watched local wildlife:

C-wildlife-1.jpg

C-wildlife-2.jpg

c-wildlife-3.jpg

fished in a local stream:

c-fishing.jpg

took long walks in the park:

c-walk-in-the-park.jpg

watched some local boys take on a "nine" from down the road:

c-boys-playing.jpg

had a little back yard barbecue:

c-picnic.jpg

and did a little sight-seeing from the top of a local hill:

Chicago-Panorama.jpg

All in all, had a GREAT trip!

Looks like a great time. I will be down in Chi Town on the weekend of September 19th to the 21st. Getting pretty excited to head down there and see my baby completed. You wouldn't happen to have any more shots of Trump Tower would you Ken?

I spent 3 years of my life designing and coordinating the installation of the exterior wall panels on the new tower.

Awesome stuff Ken. That building has a big part of my life wrapped up in it. I stood in that exact same spot (3rd pic) shooting photos of daily progress on the tower.

The bottom 12 floors of the tower are the parking garage, can you believe they were asking $75,000 to buy a non-heated parking stall with the purchase of a condo? Heated stalls went as high as $200,000.

I designed a door that sits atop the tower that consisted of two leafs 10 feet wide by 22 feet tall that opened to reveal the track for the window washing mechanism. I couldn't find a standard hinge for a 2.5 ton door leaf, so I drew up a custom jobby and the structural engineers ran all the calcs. It was a beast.

Lots of memories on that project. Every time I see it, I get a rush of enthusiasm.

Thanks for posting them up.