• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

some suggestions for tent camping/ catfishing

Chad Holst

I have a week, next month, planned with my 14yr old daughter in the BWCA (her first trip) and my 11 yr old son is feeling a bit left out on the "camping/fishing side of things", so we are planning to do a short 2 or 3 day camping trip.(just "the boys")

We have been doing a bit of catfishing on the shores of lake Pepin the last few weeks, and he really enjoyed those 1/2 day trips.

I'm not asking for any honey hole information (although i promise not to be mad if someone PM'ed a few wink spots). Really what i am looking for is a suggestion on a place that would work well for tenting out and also give us a chance to catch some cat's from shore. I wouldnt be apposed to bringing the canoe, but we wont be doing the "boat thing" on this trip. We live in Rochester and wouldnt want to go much past 2 hours away. 45 minutes north of the cities or closer?

My schedule is very flexible, so we can do this over a weekend or durring the week, so i would guess we can still get into most places. We dont need water/electric, but wont turn it down.

I was always a walleye guy, until the big boat had to go, and the boss desided that i had to show up to work atleast once in a while. Now that i have the time, but not the boat, im trying new things...hence the catfishing. Any tips for your suggested location would be nice.

Thanks in advance for the ideas, and feel free to barter your catfishing knowledge for a few eye tricks(locations) i may have.