• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a really hard time playing the campaign when I see everyone on my friends list online playing multiplayer (feeling like I’m missing out on some fun).

I’m sure I’ll just dive right in to multiplayer and follow up with some campaign during the weekends.

Just hoping not preordering it won't kick me in the kiester. I was at GH:World Tour launch at midnight at WalMart and am planning on doing that for MW2. Big difference this time, I got GH for the Wii, and will be getting MW2 for the PS3. I was the only one getting GH for the Wii that night.

From what I recall, there has never been a game shortage with any console. The games are easy, they just keep stamping. Because of that, I’ve never preordered.

I’ve actually heard stories of people preordering and then not getting the game release day due to that particular store having shipping delays. At least if you don’t preorder, you have the option of running to different stores to find the game.

Preordering seems to be the new hype, but I’ve always walked into Target or Wal-Mart on my way home from work on release day and found plenty of copies to be had. Even with the biggest names such as HALO or the previous COD’s.

All the anticipation makes a guy want to maybe head over for the midnight deal, but probably not for me.

All the anticipation makes a guy want to maybe head over for the midnight deal, but probably not for me.

One reason I am doing the midnight deal is I don't work, and I don't have class tuesday, so I think I will be up all night playing

Game Stop has a pre-order contest with a ton of COD themed prizes.

A briefcase containing 100,000 Russian Rubles, $3,120

Branded Ducati Motorcycle (Hypermotard 1100), $11,500

Branded Polaris Snowmobile (550 IQ Shift), $6,000

Branded Camping Tent, $60

Branded Skullcap, $9

Branded Long Sleeve Thermal Shirt, $21

Branded Hummer H2, $63,000

Branded Sticker, $1.20

Branded Gaming Chair, $90

Branded Hooded Sweatshirt, $25

Branded Sticker, $1.43

Branded Riot Shield, $85

Branded Duffle Bag, $200

A COD: MW2 Themed Game Controller, $50

Captain Soap MacTavish 12" Statuette, $80

Branded Flag, $18

Branded Dog Tag, $2.50

Branded Zodiac Boat, $2,000

An Infinity Ward Branded Teddy Bear, $11

Branded Canteen, $20

Branded Sunglasses, $120

Branded Scuba Gear Package, $500

A bar of Captain "Soap" MacTavish Branded Bar Soap, $3.50

A COD: MW2 Ghost Comic Book, $15

Branded Laser Range Finder, $200

Branded Wristband, $0.50

Branded Carabineer, $1.00

Branded Military Backpack, $150

Branded Parka, $80 each

Branded Phone, $250

A COD: MW2 Phone Case, $5

Branded Watch, $140

Branded T-Shirt, $10

A COD: MW2 Trends International Poster, $10

Branded Field Jacket, $75

An Ultranationalist Branded Cossack Hat, $100

Limited Edition Autographed Art Print, $20

Branded Patch, $2.50

Branded Hat, $10

Grand Total: $88751.56

NEW YORK -

This holiday season's biggest entertainment blockbuster likely will be a sequel to a popular franchise, with jarring depictions of war and an intricate story of good versus evil. It could easily rake in more than last year's record $155 million opening weekend for "The Dark Knight."

But this blockbuster is not a movie.

It is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," a video game that Activision Blizzard Inc. is releasing Tuesday. Fans worldwide are expected to spend at least half a billion dollars on the game in the first week.

That would at least match last year's "Grand Theft Auto IV," which was the most successful video game release in history and might have been the top entertainment launch ever.

Horrible timing for me!! I really wanted to get COD on Tuesday but...

I was playing xbox last night. I heard a 'pop' than my screen froze. I tried to reboot and got the red ring of death!

Now I have to decide what to do. Get another xbox or go to PS3.

Which is better?

gamestop sent me instructions to come in between 8pm-11 tonight to finalize payment and pick the game up at 12:01.

I was hoping to wait until after midnight to cruise in and pick up my copy, but now it looks like I'll be hanging out at the local BWW's till then smile.

Chris519, as far as your xbox failing and what to do - how invested are you into this gaming system (do you have controllers, accessories, games, etc?). I'd opt to stick with the 360 platform if mine failed, only because it would be a hefty investment to switch over to the ps3 and match all of my accessories.

There's a plus side too, the store that rhymes with mal-wart has a deal on a 360 arcade, you pay $199 for the system and they give you a $100 gift card. You skip waiting for a repair and you get a brand new console for that price! You can swap your hard drive over and be good as new. The new arcade consoles also come with HDMI.

I called GameStop a while ago to get the skinny.

I was told I could still “preorder” the game right up until 8pm tonight if I wanted to.

Then you think you could just show up at midnight right? Well I was told that people will start lining up at 8 and they will be sold in that priority for those in line.

That sounds like a great plan.

NOT

Seeing as they are taking preorders right up until 8pm tonight leads me to believe that they are going to have a ton of copies available.

I called GameStop a while ago to get the skinny.

I was told I could still “preorder” the game right up until 8pm tonight if I wanted to.

Then you think you could just show up at midnight right? Well I was told that people will start lining up at 8 and they will be sold in that priority for those in line.

That sounds like a great plan.

NOT

Seeing as they are taking preorders right up until 8pm tonight leads me to believe that they are going to have a ton of copies available.

Which one did you call? I just tried the stillwater location, the guy seemed really confused. I was hoping they were able to release the game early like the east coast gamestops are already doing but no luck.

He told me you can pre-order and or pay for your pre-order up until the store closing at 9pm tonight. Then they re-open at 10, at which time you can still pre-order/pay; and start releasing the game at 12:01. He said it's best to pay for it earlier so you can get rushed through the line as they are expecting a lot of people to be paying for it last minute.

To me, just going in tomorrow, makes more sense. Unless of course you plan on staying up all night tonight playing it. I am willing to bet that if I wanted one tomorrow afternoon, I would be able to get one without stopping at more then a couple stores. I want one, I want one soon, but I can wait until tomorrow, or even this weekend to buy one, I am not standing in line for 4 hours or more to get a game.

I think each store is probably expecting 100-200 people at their midnight release........meaning that 100-200 folks are going to need to be 'processed' thru to get their game, prepaid or not.

So it's going to take awhile no matter how they run it.

If you want it at Midnight, preordering is probably your best bet. On release day there will be thousands of copies at every store you go to.

I've got it on preoder at BB, but am going to have my wife run over to Toys'r' tommorrow and get the free $20 gift card w/ the game purchase. I'll just get refund of my $5 from BB

I wouldn't pre-order the standard edition of any game - there should be no reason why you couldn't walk into any store tomorrow and pick one up.

I pre-ordered the prestige edition because quantity is limited and I really wanted my nvg's. I suspect a fellow should be able to show up at a midnight release store tonight after the lines die down (12:15am or so?) and be on their way home by 12:30 or a little later.