• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How about Vick

echotrail

Now that Favre has decided to stay retired at least for today, should the Vikings make any attempt to sign Michael Vick?

He could bring a lot of positives to the team. But also a lot of negative image issues and he most likely won't be able to play before October.

What are your opinions?

There is no way the Wlifs are going to sign Vick. If they already had their stadium, maybe, but signing Vick would be a bad PR move at this point. They need to move on with Sage/TJack. Plus the guy hasn't thrown a ball in 2 years.

I have no interest in seeing Vick with the Vikings. For me it has nothing to do with his past crimes but his style of play. Vick is a great athlete who can do amazing things. That being said, I don't think his "style of play" fits in with what the Vikings need. Vick's biggest wepon is his legs. We already have two very good running backs and by adding Vick to the mix it would only encourage more defenses to stack the box with defenders. The Vike's need a QB that can stretch the field with his arm. This will force more defenses to play 7 in the box instead of 8 or sometimes 9 that they see now. I like watching Vick play but I just don't think he fits in well with a team that already has a potent running game.

Experts are saying even if Vick signs with any team, look for him to be a backup, or at a new position. They are mentioning that his arm was never all that great and now that he has been away, his one thing that made him stand out (his legs) aren't going to be what they used to be. I agree

No thanks on Vick, why don't we bring back Smoot then and see what they can do together. He's out for 4 games at least. I wouldn't want him even if he could play all season. Good runner but not that great of passer.

just about ANYTHING is better then what they got....

I am sure we can all agree on that.

and for arguments sake.. I said "just about ANYTHING" ...

not anything in general. Our guy is a QB in the NFL for a reason afterall... id just like to see just about anyone else instead. :-)

I cant beleive this is even discused.

In the name of the game I guess. Lets just keep idolizing these scum then keep complaining about the sport has scum bags in it.

How people seem to set aside their values just for a game.

I'm not surprised they reinsated him after all the kept Irvine in even after repeated cocain violations good example to set.

I have no interest in seeing Vick with the Vikings. For me it has nothing to do with his past crimes but his style of play. Vick is a great athlete who can do amazing things. That being said, I don't think his "style of play" fits in with what the Vikings need. Vick's biggest wepon is his legs. We already have two very good running backs and by adding Vick to the mix it would only encourage more defenses to stack the box with defenders. The Vike's need a QB that can stretch the field with his arm. This will force more defenses to play 7 in the box instead of 8 or sometimes 9 that they see now. I like watching Vick play but I just don't think he fits in well with a team that already has a potent running game.

Well said. he would bring bad ink to the team also.

I don't care for who we have now but I would stay with them before Vick.

LOL --- pretty much exactly why I am a hockey fan!

Once whats his face missed that field goal to go the superbowl a decade or so ago.... I just havent found faith with our team

LOL --- pretty much exactly why I am a hockey fan!

Once whats his face missed that field goal to go the superbowl a decade or so ago.... I just havent found faith with our team

I was at that game. I remember watching him miss a ton of practice kicks before the game even started. Of course he went the whole season on some crazy streak before that game. Go figure a MN team chokes lol

That would be Gary Anderson. He hadn't missed a fg or extra point all year. His wife divorced him soon after. Too many people giving them sh/t I suppose.

I don't blame Gary entirely though. Denny played way too conservatively in the 2nd half. Should've just run up 40 or 50 on the birds.

Regarding the drive that Gary missed the fg, if Robert Smith doesn't coast out of bounds on two separate plays, the vikes would've run out the clock, and wouldn't have even needed to try a fg. I put it as much on Robert Smith. He just didnt want to take a hit.

You are definitely right analyzer, we had that game in many more ways than Mr. Anderson missing that field goal. I have never in my life heard anything as loud as that dome was right up until we lost lol. All the way out it was absolutely DEAD silent. It was eerie to say the least. There were a few birds fans hootin but they pretty much kept to themselves. Once outside after they looked around and seen the people ready to kill them they sure calmed down quick.

F peta, bunch of losers they are. I wanted a stronger penalty for him right away, but some people that kill other humans do less time that him(stallworth). He did his time and now has to come out of bankruptcy too. If he screws up again then give him the hook, he is on his second chance that everyone should get. I don't think he would do to much good for our team, but he could help some other teams.