• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When's the last time you checked the air pressure in your spare?

Grabs

Probably been a while - and don't expect the local tire shop who does your rotations to have checked it either.

I was preparing tonight for a trip to Montana. Figured I would make a quick check on everything. Well my spare had a whopping 25 psi in it. Air that baby up and now we are good to go.

Just a reminder out there to everyone to take a few minutes to check the air in your spare. It could save you a big head ache in the future.

Probably been a while - and don't expect the local tire shop who does your rotations to have checked it either.

I was preparing tonight for a trip to Montana. Figured I would make a quick check on everything. Well my spare had a whopping 25 psi in it. Air that baby up and now we are good to go.

Just a reminder out there to everyone to take a few minutes to check the air in your spare. It could save you a big head ache in the future.

That is an automatic at our shop. If we have a customer come back with a spare that wasn't full, and we just got done doing a service on the vehicle, we could loose our job. We check the spare on every oil change.

If you drive a chevy truck, drop that spare down and lube up the cable. No joke, our 2 year old truck had to have the cable cut today cause it was already locked up. Take an extra 20 minutes to unlock it, crank it down, make sure it works, clean and lube the mechanisms. AN ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I check the pressure on my tow vehicle, fifth wheel and boat trailer including the spares before I put them on the road. If I stay in a campground for a week or two I check everything before I head for home and I carry an air tank with me. I found out many years ago that this is much cheaper than replacing tires.

If you drive a chevy truck, drop that spare down and lube up the cable. No joke, our 2 year old truck had to have the cable cut today cause it was already locked up. Take an extra 20 minutes to unlock it, crank it down, make sure it works, clean and lube the mechanisms. AN ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I finally remembered to drop the spare down on my 04, and 5 yrs later it came down just like when it was new.