• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

57+ ?

You also have to consider that it is a picture. People can make a fish look hug and then you can make them look about half the size. I no I have a pic of a 44 in canadian pike and the pic makes it look like it a 38in. Very frustating to get a [PoorWordUsage]y pic.

Either way they are very nice fish

Never had that problem... usually my fish look bigger.

I would recommend this to all. And it might sound dumb but its worth the time.

Look at a bunch of people holding big fish. Look at their hand position and their posture. Look at the curve of the fish compared to the hand position. How far away they are holding the fish from their body. AND remember you can always crop a digital pic. You don't have to zoom in real close when taking the original pic. Take the pick from above or below the fish, not drastically above of below but just a bit.

I am serious, look at this stuff. That way the next time you catch a big fish and your knees are shaking you get a good pic.

urban cowboy*

I aggree It does make a huge difference how you hold them to be honest if i have the time and i can look at the pic i try to make the pic look as real size as posible.

And Ya the guy that took the pic with me hoding it was just and [PoorWordUsage] I think Oh well.

That is a perfect example of a U fish...

When you are going to pick the fish up for a picture there are a couple important thing for you to remember.

Make sure to grab the fish with the 2 back fins between the your first and middle finger. This will angle the spine of the fish correctly. Above you will see how he is holding it to far back on the tail.

Second... Hold the fish out away from your body. You are presenting the fish. Not a full arm extension, only half way.

Must have been a trip getting that muskie in that little butterfly net... Are these the same people that try to get the square peg in the round hole?

If that fish was measured in that postion the vertebra seperate adding length to the fish and potentialy cause spinal injury.