• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats new for ice fishing gear this season?

JSK76

ive heard rumor that clam has a bunch of new stuff for woman in the ice armor line as well as some changes to there houses, theres the new solo powered auger from strike-master and im sure there will be more but thats all i know of as of right now! cant wait for the ice fishing show!

EK

Get ready for the unveiling of a whole new line-up of shelters from Clam.. Along with a bunch of new accessories.

And as mentioned, the new Solo auger from StrikeMaster..

Am sure we will see a few new things from Lindy Tackle as well.

I saw a demo of a new lighted bobber by Lindy-Little Joe-awesome product! I think it's called the "Splash Light". When you cast it, as soon as it hits the water, it lights up, reel it up out of the water, it goes out. It is identical to their balsa bobbers except for this feature. They say it should last about 30 hours as far as battery life, then you can use it like a regular bobber. The video I saw said they wouldn't be available until January of next year. Not sure of the cost either. whistle

I saw a demo of a new lighted bobber by Lindy-Little Joe-awesome product! I think it's called the "Splash Light". When you cast it, as soon as it hits the water, it lights up, reel it up out of the water, it goes out. It is identical to their balsa bobbers except for this feature. They say it should last about 30 hours as far as battery life, then you can use it like a regular bobber. The video I saw said they wouldn't be available until January of next year. Not sure of the cost either. whistle

Saw this too! pretty neat! only thing is im gonna end up with a box of dead bobbers! lol we night fish quite a bit and thirty hours is like three trips out so i figured im gonna need about a dozen lol but i wouldnt mind using them and handing themoff to the little kid down at the river when im done with them either!

Originally Posted By: Eric Kruger
lights up as soon as it hits the water and turns off as soon as it leaves the water....

But does it light up during the day?? That would use batteries up

Yes it lights up anytime its in the water or wet! so yes it would waste the batteries during the daylight hours......

Ek

lights up as soon as it hits the water and turns off as soon as it leaves the water....

The "Splash Light"...It's only short fall, if you consider it a shortfall... is it has a 30 hour use life span, then it is a conventional slip float...non replaceable battery.

So you have a handy lighted float tell it wears out, than a conventional float to add to you float box.

So if I get this right, you pay for a state of the art bobber but it is only going to be good for it's intended purpose for a mere 30 hours, then it can just be used as a regular bobber. Seems as though it wouldn't be that hard to make it so the battery could be replaceable. Sorry if this sounds like a worthless gripe.

So if I get this right, you pay for a state of the art bobber but it is only going to be good for it's intended purpose for a mere 30 hours, then it can just be used as a regular bobber. Seems as though it wouldn't be that hard to make it so the battery could be replaceable. Sorry if this sounds like a worthless gripe.

It's a way to milk more money out of us!!!

Frabill has announced several new models this season. Plus the return of the popular Predator, Trekker, and the Commando.

NEW on the ice in 2009/2010.

6152 GUARDIAN (New size between the Predator and the Trekker)

6127 Trekker Excursion (New bench seat version)

6072 Quest (A sweet new portable cabin style)

NEW pop-up tent styles.

6000 Frontier (reg)

6003 Outpost (Med)

6006 Headquarters. (Huge)

Watch for them to pop-up soon on the Frabill web site, and at your local sporting goods store.