Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveZman14q

Drift sock

4 posts in this topic

Im heading to the BWCA next week and was debating bringing my 48 inch drift sock. It works great for my 16.5 ft Lund Tyee but was wondering if it would be overkill for my canoe. I dont see why it wouldnt work... anyone ever used a drift sock on a canoe before?

I picked up a drift sock made by Seattle Sports for my solo canoe, it's made for kayaks, so it's pretty light and packable. Without a doubt, a driftsock is a nice tool for canoe or kayak fishing. 48" might be a little overkill, all depends if you want to pack that in or not, or deal with something that size in the canoe. I was more than happy with the way the sock worked out for me, it's going with on every trip from here on out.

Bring it along, canoes get blown every which way when youre trying to fish in one.

Sure, it is overkill, and maybe a bit of a PITA on the water; but they are useful tools in unmotorized boats.

You dont want to have your buddy slowing the drift with his paddle and taking turns on fishing each drift.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting one of those things for the kayak...smaller though.