• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building a new shanty

Gissert

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so when you walk in and out, you have to step over your spearing hole? No frosty adult beverages for you!

Also can I ask why the door swings inward?

And you started out with skids and ended up with a trailer house? Where did you get that frame? Was it a camper?

Some diamond plating around the bottom would look awesome!

Nice house

Here is the latest and greatest...and to answer the questions above.

The door swings inward for two reasons - That was the only door like that they had that they'd sell for 50 bucks, and the other reason is the wind wont catch it and slam it against the house.

I canned the skids - just dont wanna go down that road again.

I had a local welder make the frame. 600 bucks for it all - steel, hitch, cranks, and tires.

Here is the spear hole by the door, latched up. I will probably remove this hole next year and frame in a couple smaller angling holes.

img4779i.jpg

By gissert, shot with Canon PowerShot A70 at 2009-12-02

Here is the heater installation. You can see one of the catch covers that will be going in.

img4778dt.jpg

Here is one of two propane lights. When not spearing, they will heat the house on warmer days - won't even need the heater.

img4781kp.jpg

Here is the main spearing hole latched up. I hope I get time to darken it up a bit around the hole, but the lake I spear on is very clear.

img4780k.jpg

It is basically ready to fish. Until we get ice, I plan on putting down some indoor/outdoor carpet. I have a couple of shelves going in tomorrow as well. BRING ON THE COLD!