• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BEST SWEET CORN

I've had corn from Elmers in the past and it was good. Had it 2x this year and it has been terrible. Small kernels, half dead ears, etc.

Huh... A couple weeks ago we bought 12 dozon for a bike run at the Ham lake VFW and it was the best we ever had, I guess we have always had great corn. Wow, thats to bad.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PB, the stand will be there until I believe Sept 1 labor day. They are open until 6:00 each nite. Are we cooking it or are you freezing it. I wait until mid August to freeze my corn and I will do 3 or 4 depending on quality and taste. It takes me about 2 weeks to find the best stuff to freeze, trail and error.

Fishinbabe thanks for the update. That corn will be worth the wait trust me.

Had some corn tonite from Dimler's (located north of Waconia on HWY 10 & Hwy 7). It was pretty darn delicious. Nice full kernals and big ears. 6/$2.50 or 12/$5.00. Two weeks ago I had some from the County Market in Waconia....not so good. I'll be trying Bauer's since many of you recommend it.

For some reason the corn out this way looks really good. My neighbor's field corn was 5' tall on July 4th. I've seen others in different areas that looked pretty scraggly.

Ken W where do you get that corn at. Would like to try it.

Bought some from 58th and Lyndale. Nice big ears from Waverly. Last year was very good from waverly, this year so so on flavor. Haven't found the jackpot yet. Still in search mode.

Next stop the stand on Hiawatha and about 46th.

Waiting for Bauers.

207th and Akin Road. Tell me where your coming from and I will get you the best directions. There is not a phone at the stand. He does have cash box at the stand for self service.. until this year it was a tackle box with cash in it. He just changed to a bolt down model.

Take Cedar South to 42 East to Pilot Knob. South on PK into Farmington to 195th street. At 195th take a left at the next intersection take a right that is Akin road. Follow that south a mile or so past Farmington Lutheran Church just past that is the Vegetable stand. If you hit #50 you went too far.

Heading that direction, my guess is Ted Cook's 19th hole... just a guess.

grin... Yeppper! While IMO the quality has gone down hill a bit at Ted's over the year's I'm still a loyal costumer and an occasional tasty Rack O' Ribs can be had.

Always looking for a good rib joint... Ribs and Sweet corn MMMMM good!!

ULT I have my priorities right. I am a CORN FREAK. I admit it. I am not ashamed at all. From early June when the outstate corn come up, I have found that Mississippi and Tennessee corn is the best outstate. From mid July through mid September I am on the prowl for the best sweet corn from MINNESOTA. I cover south to north, east to west.

Besides everyone needs a hobby. laughlaughgrinwinkwink

Thanks for the directions. I will check out farmington.

ULT I have my priorities right. I am a CORN FREAK. I admit it. I am not ashamed at all. From early June when the outstate corn come up, I have found that Mississippi and Tennessee corn is the best outstate. From mid July through mid September I am on the prowl for the best sweet corn from MINNESOTA. I cover south to north, east to west.

Besides everyone needs a hobby. laughlaughgrinwinkwink

Thanks for the directions. I will check out farmington.

fishin is a hobby!!!!! smirklaughwinkwhistle