• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BEST SWEET CORN

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Anoka the best corn comes from BAUER FARMS. They used to have a stand off 169 and Bass Lake Rd. Not sure if there is going to be one this year. Give them a call. It is the best corn I have ever had and I do know CORN. It is also the best for freezing. Ver large ears,very tender and flavorable.

Trust me on that as I drive from Richfield to that stand, just because the corn is that good. Last year froze 35 quarts.

It should start up about now.

Let me know if you need the number. I have it somewhere.

Fishinchicks, hey if you see the stand set up let me know. They usually start around the 25th-30th. They are only there for a couple of weeks, otherwise you have to go directly to their farm.

I heard he wasn't going to have the stand this year, but I have not called them yet to confirm.

I'll have to keep checking with my mom - she drives by there regularly.

What is corn going for up in the Cities? We have a few farmers selling it for $3.50/dozen down here.

Our certified organic sweet corn should be ready soon. This will be our first attempt at a road side stand, so we'll see how it goes.

I bought a dozen in St paul off of Century ave north about a mile. It was picked at 2:00 am Saturday and driven up to St. Paul and he was selling by 1000am. I paid 6.50 and got a good bakers dozen, actually 18 ears, but some were small.

I also bought some in Buffalo on Sunday afternoon. Again a good bakers dozen plus 2 free peaches, but it was 7.00. It was OK, no where near as good as Bauers. That is all I have bought so far this year. If you find corn from Tennesse or Mississippi, try some it was real good last year, but it is only available b-4 the Minnesota corn is ready.

South of town. Try reseingers vegetable stand in farmington. North of 50 on Akin Road. $4.50/ Dozen you get about 15. If no one is there he has a self service cash box. Exact change. My kid ate seven ears two nights in a row. He doesn't even salt or butter them. Best corn is yet to come.

South of town. Try reseingers vegetable stand in farmington. North of 50 on Akin Road. $4.50/ Dozen you get about 15. If no one is there he has a self service cash box. Exact change. My kid ate seven ears two nights in a row. He doesn't even salt or butter them. Best corn is yet to come.

I like that kid....if the corn is good, why add salt and butter. It reminds me of a restaurant owner that did not supply A-1 or Heinz 57. He said if the steak is done right, it is an insult to him and the chef to season it. smile

ULT I AGREE 100% with the steak/ A-1 Heinz 57 deal, but I do like a little butter and salt on my corn. Was the corn even heated up. I have seen people eat it not cooked. I don't think I could do that one.

Fishinbabe did they say they had corn ready to sell yet.

ULT I AGREE 100% with the steak/ A-1 Heinz 57 deal, but I do like a little butter and salt on my corn. Was the corn even heated up. I have seen people eat it not cooked. I don't think I could do that one.

Fishinbabe did they say they had corn ready to sell yet.

I've done that with fresh right off the stalk young stuff. I do butter the tough kind though.

Don't know if it is the best but we had corn at work today and it was mighty tasty. Came from the stand in the parking lot of the osseo meat market. The Osseo meat market's beef tenderloin is on sale for $5.99 a pound too! Steak and sweet corn mmmmmmmmmm.

Glenn I wish I could by my corn from that place all summer. What a nice thought.

Just got some from the stand at 66th Lyndale in Richfield. Nice size ears, good flavor, tender and juicy. 3.75 for 6. Work him a bit and you will get 8 or 7.00 for good dozen. Corn came from Eden Prairie. Got to find the Waverly corn.

Planning on venturing out this weekend to some of my past favorites.