• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Fenwick HMG Redesign Suprise!

NCLaker

Just got my replacement HMG spinning rod - I broke it a few weeks ago and got free replacement under their lifetime warrenty.

When I first looked at it I thought they sent me the wrong rod cause it looked nothing like and HMG. After closer inspection I saw that it was labeled correctly as "HMG". Confused, I brought it to the attention of the sales person at Joe's and he said it is the new redesiged HMG that is not yet available at retail stores yet. BONUS!!! Heck, I didn't even know they were doing a redesign.

The new design has some great upgrades IMO (based on visual inspection):

- Alconite guides w/ black frame, instead of Hardaloy

- TAC composite handles (same as on the new Walleye/Muskie Elite Tec), instead of cork

- Still use Corbon Veil construction

- Minimalist finish, all plain dark black cherry finish (rod & guide wraps), gold print. Overall sharp looking rod IMO.

Not sure, but the rod seems a tad heavier - maybe because the foregrip is larger than the old design. but still balance very nicely with my Saros 3000. I've used the new TAC handles on the Walleye Elite Tech rods and really like them so far.

I love Fenwick HMG rods (have six) - great rod for the price range IMO ($120-130). Very excited about the new design and can't wait to try it out. There should be some pretty good deals on the old design this fall or next spring as retailers clear them out to make room for the new design.

If you know how to post pic's on FM, and are interested in picture of the new design, post your e-mail and I can send you pic's to post.

Thanks for posting the picture catcherman!

If you like Fenwicks, I was just at a local sporting goods store that is clearing out all their Fenwick non-Elite series rods for 30% off (includes HMX, HMG, Techna AVs). Great discount on some great rods IMO, and the latter two have lifetime warrenties. So if it fails, you will get the new redesigned version.

Can't post it hear cause of forum policy. I posted the store information in the Store Sales forum - it's at the bottom of the forum list. Better hurry, cause it looked like selection was thinnig out.